tracking a medal group sold on ebay

Saw the following on another website. (WorthPoint) The medals belonged to my husband and went missing approx 30 years ago, Would like to contact the buyer with a view to purchasing them back. 

• OURCEeBay UK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I used to work as a database administrator and I would say that you have enough unique data to be able to search through historical sales and find it IF it was sold on ebay!  If you can identify a rough time frame so much the better.  This is not something which would be available on the public interface.

But, you're not going to get ebay to spend staff time and processing to undertake such a search without perhaps a little leverage;-

They 'would' be required to do so if requested by the police as part of an active investigation, but 30 years on is unlikely to cut it, however if the request came from, for example your MP, or a senior army officer that might add sufficient gravitas to get the ball rolling.

And while it is true that they cannot give you the details of the buyer, the usual procedure is to pass on a a letter with your details and the circumstances and an offer to buy them back at fair market value.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you have seen on another website, surely there is a means of contacting the Seller there.

Only if they were listed on Ebay would there be any point in asking on here, even then this is not the place, you contact the seller.

EBay won't be able to help unfortunately. Data Protection Act.

Ask a question