return of meldew coat

I purchased a used wax coat on ebay, description was in good condition.  It arrived smelling of mould & had meldew stains on it & oil & paint.  I asked for a full refund including postage.  Seller replied  "If you send me your email address I will forward you a label to return the item. On receipt of the item we will issue you with a refund."

Is this a safe option or is it a scam to get the goods with no refund issued once they recieve the coat?

View Entire Topic
red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Never attempt to negotiate refunds yourself. Use eBay's money back guarantee, through the resolution centre. The seller will be required to send you a prepaid return label if they want the item back.

Quite a few of the rules and time limits have changed recently, so I won't attempt to paraphrase them - you can read the full terms and conditions here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Follow the instructions carefully and, if necessary, escalate the case for eBay to step in. Don't agree to close it until the matter is resolved.

Ask a question