return of meldew coat

I purchased a used wax coat on ebay, description was in good condition.  It arrived smelling of mould & had meldew stains on it & oil & paint.  I asked for a full refund including postage.  Seller replied  "If you send me your email address I will forward you a label to return the item. On receipt of the item we will issue you with a refund."

Is this a safe option or is it a scam to get the goods with no refund issued once they recieve the coat?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Never attempt to negotiate refunds yourself. Use eBay's money back guarantee, through the resolution centre. The seller will be required to send you a prepaid return label if they want the item back.

Quite a few of the rules and time limits have changed recently, so I won't attempt to paraphrase them - you can read the full terms and conditions here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Follow the instructions carefully and, if necessary, escalate the case for eBay to step in. Don't agree to close it until the matter is resolved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

"i don't believe it !!!" lol laughing

Ebay can't help if you go down the DIY route and something goes wrong. So read Ebay's Money Back Guarantee (on every listing, and in various other places across the site) to learn how to return a Not As Described item to get your money back for sure.

@weps1020 

But seriously folks wink

If it were me i would (regrettably) go through the proper channels and open a claim for item not as described.Seller may agree to your claim staright away and issue a returns label through ebay but at least it will all be logged properly.If they don't you can escalate on day 9 and go from there.

Isn't it a shame that we cannot trust one another nowadays and someone's word doesn't mean a whole lot any more disappointed_relieved

Ask a question