eBay running scam Martin Lewiis ads in sidebar

I keep getting Martin Lewis ads in my ebay - ML doesn't do ads and they go to a scam page that has a fake news page and a link to a bitcoin purchase.

Where do I reoprt this stuff to eBay?  Does eBay care?  (I think I know the answer)

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Sadly I have been looking for the same information, because eBay running a sponsored advert for the 'Alphaheater', which 2 minutes research shows is a scam .... not only is the product rubbish (it simply doesn't work), but there are also serious allegations of financial theft of clients money with recurring payments, hiking the orders to two (when only one ordered), and charging for two. I am happy that I didn't intend to order (but many people apparently have) .... so I wanted to report it to eBay.

But I can't find any contact to report about the site. However you might want to try reporting via the 'tell us what you think. survey page?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/srv/survey/a/myebay.watchlist.desktop

Trust pilot review .... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.alpha-heater.com

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

@biddingbloke wrote:

I keep getting Martin Lewis ads in my ebay - ML doesn't do ads and they go to a scam page that has a fake news page and a link to a bitcoin purchase.

Where do I reoprt this stuff to eBay?  Does eBay care?  (I think I know the answer)

Neither you, nor I, would have any influence with eBay over these ads. 

Martin Lewis might well have though, so make sure you alert him, via one of his websites.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

They shouldnt be running ads on its not like they need the cash they get enough from sales why not try promote sellers in these spaces instead

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent