The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Beginners Mensa Test

All are bona fide questions.I think they all will be answered pretty quickly by our brainboxes here on the Round Table.Any that you don't get (and I do not think that is about to happen here) then all the answers will be posted on here when I get bac...

10 things I know about you... !!!

1) You are reading this. 2) You are human. 3) You can't say the letter ''P'' without separating your lips. 4) You just attempted to do it. 6) You are laughing at yourself. 7) You have a smile on your face and you skipped No. 5. You just checked to se...

Actors eh!! What's in a name?

A man walked into an Agent's office in Hollywood and said, "I want to try be a movie star. I think I can act"Tall, handsome, and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials.The agent asked, "What's your name?"The guy said, "My name is P...

Have you got kids that use Facebook?

Once upon a time Facebook had a rule that anyon under the age of 17 could only post images and chat to "Friends" and maybe "Friends of friends." On Wednesday, (I don't know WHICH Wednesday) all that changes.Here is some text from The Register .... Fa...

Van insurance advice

I make my living selling on Ebay (well less than dole money actually if I average it out) after being made made redundant 18 months ago, I also sell on car boot sales and at steam rallies etc. I have hit a brick wall trying to insure a van I have jus...

The Alternative Fairy Tale Thread

I'll start. Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "Will you marry me?"The Princess immediately said, "No!" and the Prince lived happily ever after. He rode motorcycles and dated thin, long-legged, full-breasted women. He hunted, fish...

UK Banks mis-selling to small businesses

Interesting artice from Scriptonite's Daily blog: http://www.scriptonitedaily.com/ "UK Banks have once again mis-sold products, this time to small businesses, which have resulted in customers losing vast sums of money, their jobs, their businesses an...

Scousers. :-(

Merseyside Police sell seized jewellery on eBayhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-24556194 Jewellery confiscated from Merseyside criminals is being sold on eBay by police. Half the proceeds will go to the police, the other half to the go...

Is it just me or .......

...... is eBay a bit hypocritical?Have you noticed that when you place a bid you get the following message? (with your own name, obviously.) blackburn_stevie, you're the highest bidder on this item. Hope you win it. But that just can't be true. Not u...

advice please

I lost my two darling dogs a few months ago just weeks apart (both passed away) I was devistated and so was my adult daughter who lives with me, she is away on holiday at the moment and is due back on Friday, before she left, she saw I was looking at...

I Will Fight

An extract from "Music of the spoken word" by King Rollo http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MhSvazkFg9g#t=21

Help required ..... Apply within

Hi guys,I need 5 minutes of your time to solve an eBay auction problem relating to auction layout (ish).I can't ask on here because somebody may see it as advertising, but if you feel in the mood to help with an opinion, please send me a message and ...

Why do I find e-bay members with good feedback ratings but when I read feedback its negative?

I have recently sold items to e-bay members whose feedback is all positive but then i've had problems with them..I then find that if I read their feedback there are plenty of negative comments and warnings !!! How can this happen and how does it prot...

Austerity comes to the £135,000 pa judges

The chill waters of austerity are lapping around the ankles of the judiciary — and they’re not happy. As free Sky TV is axed from the 32 grace-and-favour pads occupied by £135,000-per-annum circuit judges, one whinges to The Times (£) that their free...

Fashions in the townscape?

A few years back, there was a fashion for ripping up the Tarmac and laying bricks on the roads and pavements in the towns. Now, the fashion seems to be to rip all that up and replace all the bricks with "pavers? :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-...

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

how exactly is this profanity?

an interesting thing happened to me in ebay CANADA last month. http://imageupload.co.uk/viewer.php?file=c3x6dagjex2dgv7n31tk.jpg surely you jests! i rekon people only say "JS" because they prefer that over saying the F or S word? from wikipedia:"Sayi...

Help.

Hi.Could some kind person have a lookand see if they have an option for galleryand List view on listings.Mine is not workingat the moment.Cheers.

I should be DEAD by then..

Could life on Earth end on March 16, 2880? Scientists predict giant asteroid will collide with our planet at 38,000 miles per hourAsteroid 1950 DA has a 0.3 per cent chance of hitting Earth in 867 yearsThis represents a risk 50% greater than an impac...

What film am I thinking off

While in the UK last year there was a song that I heard a lot. Now here in Aus I have heard it a few times I like it but never did catch the singer and now I just can't remember the song I think the singer was something like Sande can any one help it...

Youtube

Is there a problem with youtube? I've no sound. Sound works OK elsewhere. Someone else just told me they have no sound so anyone else soundless on YT?

User avatar by Guide
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

I want one!!!

Wonder what the insurance is like?http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2452856/Designers-unveil-new-dumper-truck-claiming-worlds-biggest.htmlParking could be a problem.

The Forbidden Planet.

Remember that old film? (Stick with this). Recently I've been arguing (old hands know how I like to argue?) with a friend about Freud. It started with an idle mention of dreams. I dream when I'm asleep. She mentioned a book called "The Interpretation...

User avatar by Guide
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is this possible?

Is it possible to find out exactly how much cash you have spent on eBay?There used to be a list of what you had spent in the last 30 days but I'm talking about cash spent since your very first purchase.Any ideas?Steve.