The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Raw Milk good or bad yes or no?

I am not very clued up on this Brexit thing but I assume if we leave then we will be free from a lot of stupid rules and regulations where the sale of milk is concerned. On is that we can please ourselves what regulations we make regarding the sale o...

He surrendered his licence?

OK, so Philip has surrendered his driving licence now? Leaving aside who he is, do you think he should have done so and why? If a young bloke had done the exact same thing would you expect him to surrender his licence too? Reading the news countrywid...

User avatar by Guide
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Good morning all, a few allotment home growing tips would be most great fully received ☺

Well, not sure whether I've bitten off a bit more than I can chew but I'm going to give it ago. I've acquired an allotment very very near to my oh's on my new home it is in a very bad overgrown state so there's a lot of work to be done to get it read...

PETS WARNING

WARNING FOR ALL PET OWNERS With the snow and ice expected the roads are likely to be gritted. If your pet walks on gritted roads or paths then please make sure their paws are washed by dipping their feet in fresh warm water once at home. Every year h...

New descoveries of the deep.

New discoveries of the deep happening all the time. Don't know when this one was, but I only discovered it today, amazing!!https://youtu.be/iT_EMKl2A3Y Please post what you find fantastically fascinating.

It's the same every year!

Yep, it's that time again. SNOW. Since late October the gritters have been up and down after someone whispered that word, frost. Now the snow's arrived, where are they? The road's covered in snow now and it looks like it's gonna hang around. I suppos...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyless cars?

Have you got one? Where do you keep your fob? I was reading about the ease with which keyless cars can be stolen but what do you make of these two reports which seem to conflict?:- "The only three keyless cars that ADAC tested that were not susceptib...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are cyclists?

The worst drivers on our roads? On our regional news programme they are showing a story of a blind man waiting patiently to use a zebra crossing through a cycle lane, one after another the cyclists appear and fly straight past him,such ignorance, doe...

Holocaust Memorial Day.

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day. It's amazing that people still don't believe the Holocust actually happened? What's your comments? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47015184

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken Zip

Here i have a short skirt with a broken zip ,instead of throwing it away..a surefast way to repair it ..what you will need ..1..a punch plier [buy from ebay ] ..2 ..Brass eyelets ...3 , a pair of sharp scissors ..4 a pair of Tights , Thick Black Opaq...

The Millenium Burglary.

It never ceases to amaze me that people leave their car keys in an easily accessible place, like hanging around in the hall or near doors or windows. This thread was provoked by a news item where a bloke had just picked up a new car and it was stolen...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The NEWS, note the word NEWS?

I am heartily sick of hearing about Brexit. Virtually all of it is pure speculation. The NEWS is what's happened, is happening or is about to happen. What might happen, could happen, might possibly happen is NOT news. The Politcal journalists are com...

User avatar by Guide
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

What if?

OK, so no-one wants to argue any more but what if......................... A couple of years back referendum was called about either staying in or leaving the EU and the majority voted to leave. Since then arguments have raged back and forth and the ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 265 replies
  • 1 kudos

More empty kettles?

I expect many people will have seen the scenes of those disrupting a live news interview with Anna Soubry? The main empty kettle, James Goddard has been arrested and during his arrest, shouting can be heard "Well done James, the whole country is with...

User avatar by Guide
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Knives???

Just reading and watching the news about all these stabbings made me wonder where all the knives used in those offences come from? Are they all "kitchen knives" or "steak knives"?? Ebay is full of them! Carrying a "knife" is an offence isn't it? Howe...

User avatar by Guide
  • 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Death of the High Street?

Many towns have lots of empty shops and "the media" often mention the death of the High Street and some are blaming online trading for the demise. However, is that really the case? Might it not be that really there were just too many shops selling th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

The train now departing is

Running at 200% of capacity, I am and always have been fascinated by trains, from my early years watching the stanier Pacific’s charging up and down the west coast main line, to the arrival of diesels and then electrification! All of that happened un...

Rehousing ,,,,,,,,,,,

My wife and I applied to our housing association for a smaller house / flat on the ground floor as my wife has had a new knee and will need another. As we have to climb two flights of stairs to get into this flat we thought they would put us maybe in...

New Years Day????

January the first seems a logical choice from a calendar point of view but the "new year" had already started by then? The shortest day is around the 21st of December so the next day is surely the start of a new year? "They" want to stop the annual c...

User avatar by Guide
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos