Will the last person to leave the UK please put out the lights

6.00 am

Japanese market had to close to halt further collapse

Japanese 10 year bonds slashed by 35%

£ Pound has crashed by nearly 12% (well below even 2008 levels)

FTSE outside trading crashes by 9%

US, S & P  outside trading down 5.6%

US, 10 year bonds heavily down

Shares around the World crashing across the board

European and UK bonds collapse

UK collapse way worst than our exit from the ERM in 1992

This despite warnings by the Big players, against anyone taking the market down, and that they would move against anyone who did.

4f15ca326d661fd71177bcd909ec6023cc4b1688aee152ebb815e15a8fc380f8.jpg

One of the Brexiteers financial experts, looking totally shell shocked, says "We should wait and see what happens"

Sorry, You can't do that, you were warned

Where is Your plan ?

It needs to be put in action NOW

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

We've been here before Al.....and we rose again. This is expected.

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

We're out, much to my surprise, I thought when I went to bed last night Remain had won by a mile.

Whichever way it ended the world hasn't came to an end, and I agree with Astro, it'll all settle down again and life will go on.

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

6.00 am

One of the Brexiteers financial experts, looking totally shell shocked, says "We should wait and see what happens"

Sorry, You can't do that, you were warned

Where is Your plan ?

It needs to be put in action NOW

This was totally expected - I'm not at all shocked by this. Those fighting to keep the status quo are running around like headless chickens. These politicians are such wise people that they were not prepared for this result, worrying isn't it! The pound has already started to rise again within the last hour. If you heard Farage talk a couple of days ago he had said if the pound drops, so what, we can lose a few percentage points and it will not be a problem, it will just boost exports. So which Brexit Financial expert are we talking about - be more specific and name them.

Things will stabilise shortly and it will be business as usual - the stock market makes money from peaks and troughs. Apparently the news now is that German car makers are already talking about getting a deal done quickly - as Brexiteers said all along it was never in their interests to create some sort of trade war.
The real interesting question is will the labour and tory parties ever be the same again? We've lost Cameron, who's next on the hit list, see Corbyn is already coming in for some stick and it would not surprise me one bit.......

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

And surprise, surprise now two MP's have submitted a motion of No Confidence in leader Jeremy Corbyn. Corbyn - the only bit of honesty in the whole campaign, 'we can't control immigration levels while we're part of the EU' said Jeremy - love it!

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

6.00 am

£ Pound has crashed by nearly 12% (well below even 2008 levels)

http://www.pounds2euro.com/                                            .. Has only moved 4 cents

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

@l111da wrote:

This was totally expected - I'm not at all shocked by this. Those fighting to keep the status quo are running around like headless chickens. These politicians are such wise people that they were not prepared for this result, worrying isn't it! The pound has already started to rise again within the last hour. If you heard Farage talk a couple of days ago he had said if the pound drops, so what, we can lose a few percentage points and it will not be a problem, it will just boost exports. So which Brexit Financial expert are we talking about - be more specific and name them.

Things will stabilise shortly and it will be business as usual - the stock market makes money from peaks and troughs. Apparently the news now is that German car makers are already talking about getting a deal done quickly - as Brexiteers said all along it was never in their interests to create some sort of trade war.
The real interesting question is will the labour and tory parties ever be the same again? We've lost Cameron, who's next on the hit list, see Corbyn is already coming in for some stick and it would not surprise me one bit.......

And yet Mark Carney and the BoE were totally prepared with everything in place for any outcome.

What I'm suprised about was that none of the so-called financial whizz kids and experts were poised to make some kind of killing on this, which is their usual MO.

I really do hope that if nothing else, the legacy from this will be to push for a much deeper and greater change to politics, governance and trading to move to a fairer, more honest and open way of doing any business (financial or otherwise) and to become leaders tin moving away from the stinking rotten old-school, dirty handshakes, mates in the boardroom / on the councils, expenses grabbing, corrupt-ridden, greed-driven, power crazed ways of so called 'democracy'.

*that feels much better now it's out"

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

No matter who is in goverment, the rich will get richer and the poor poorer.

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

@aernethril wrote:

@l111da wrote:

And yet Mark Carney and the BoE were totally prepared with everything in place for any outcome.

What I'm suprised about was that none of the so-called financial whizz kids and experts were poised to make some kind of killing on this, which is their usual MO.

I really do hope that if nothing else, the legacy from this will be to push for a much deeper and greater change to politics, governance and trading to move to a fairer, more honest and open way of doing any business (financial or otherwise) and to become leaders tin moving away from the stinking rotten old-school, dirty handshakes, mates in the boardroom / on the councils, expenses grabbing, corrupt-ridden, greed-driven, power crazed ways of so called 'democracy'.

*that feels much better now it's out"

Bankers and Traders would never miss the chance of making a killing on the foreign exchange and interest rate markets.

In the UK and Europe they were ready with take-outs and bunk beds or hotel rooms to see them through the night, lots of dosh to 'play' with in hopes of making millions by this morning, and of course the promise of champagne breakfasts.

As there were no exit polls,  private surveys were apparently (at least aording to the Daily Wail) conducted at significant expense by hedge funds and investment banks to allow them to trade based on results no-one else knows before the referendum result was announced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657313/The-100bn-parasite-bankers-City-sharks-work-night-ma...

Not sure how it played out for those poor bankers and traders, given that they didn't get the result they expected.  It must have been bad with the £ and stock markets falling so much after midnight.

Will we be told if playing with our money went **bleep**-up, oops ..... pear-shaped?

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Most of our wiz kid bankers will have been betting on the Football such was their confidence in the remain campaign. By 02.00 they will have been snorting merrily in their coke suites disbelieving what was unfolding before their eyes. Such is the arrogance and self righteousness of many silver spooned Brits.

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

With Remain ahead in opinion polls, investors have piled into sterling.

Oh I do so hope that someone got more than their mucky fingers burnt on that.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Smiley LOL

Petal
Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

This was NOT expected, a dip Yes, but Not a total collapse, not just here but across all the markets

Boris Johnsons face & his demeanor yesterday, shows How shocked He was and he's not the only one on the Brexit side, lots are in a Panic

Moddy's have already Cut the UKs  credit rating to Negative, meaning ALL that Borrowing Osborne has been doing is going to cost an awful lot more, IF He can still get those kind of amounts now anyway.

Straight away we learned - Oh No, all that £360 million will NOT be spent on the NHS, as it said all along the side of the Leave Bus in massive letters -  So you were lied to

Daniel Hannon (Con) MEP  - a leading member of the Leave Campaign is already saying, that what most People voted to leave about, is untrue and is Not what They meant or said at all - funny they never said this in the run up to the Vote - so even leading Leave members are scared to bits on whats happened

We're also being told, we better delay to make sure we get access to the Free market - even the most Diehard Leaving Politician (apart from UKIP) are admitting, that staying in the Free Market means, You still have to accept the free movement of Labour, which seemed to be the main reason People wanted out in the first place, also access to the Free market costs You money - So they were lied to there as well

We have blown Billions off of our European partners Stock markets and their Government finances, (and the Markets all over the World).  But We are being told that they will welcome us with open arms as a trade partner on good terms (don't think so) Mostly we sell them Services, their own Service Industries will jump in to fill our place.

Just look what is being said on the Continent, by the Germans, the French, Italians etc etc, they want us hammered and crippling terms added to our leaving, so no one  else will think about leaving

The UK Politicians are trying to go softly softly, trying to make the exit, as painless as possible, while the people we shafted in Europe want to kick Us out as fast and as harshly as they can manage.

The US, Chinese & other Foreign Financial Institutions will leave the City of London and move to Frankfurt or paris, before we are even out of the EU.

Rumors already that Morgan Stanley have plans in place already

Pound falling means Import prices rise, We Import an awful lot, so prices will rise in the shops and our Industry will pay more for raw materials ( which means any gain on cheaper exports nulified by extra csts)

Oil & petrol will get dearer (it's sold in $s, so will cost us more)

Remember The Germans are already trying to Merge the London Stock Exchange with Dutsche Boerse,  Why would the merged Company need a London operation anyway if it's outside the main European market - better to have the whole operation in Frankfurt

What was called Scaremongering by the Brexiteers

is fast becoming the Reality

be afraid the Bad news has only just started

From Yesterday as He was taking to the stage for His speech

Does this look like the Face of a Winner ?

No, this is the face of someone who has made a disastrous choice and He now knows it.

1432.jpg

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

So the Brixteers are even issuing dodgy £ statistics to try and big up their 'Pyrrhic Victory' - They choose February £ level for the pound to compare it to the levels now. That just happens to be the last time the Pound was in the toilet. Fact is the £ is still 12 cents worse off than it was on Thursday night, which is quite a drop. Moody's downgraded the UK credit rating to 'Negative' -

Petrol prices will rise (sold in Dollars) - all Imports will cost more, prices will rise in the shops and exporters rising costs will cancel out any gains they make on a lower pound. The Stock Market ONLY finished 2.5% down, mostly because the FTSE 100 was buoyed up by Foreign Companies Stocks, not British, so that's not a Victory for leavers either.

They are saying The EU want to play nice, funny that the EU leader said this will not NOT be an amicable Divorce and other Countries want to make it as harsh as possible on the UK to deter others leaving.

The US Government stood by Obamas remarks that we would be at the back of the queue on trade deals, The Brexiteers are saying this had changed, No it hasn't, go and check

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

A bit like the face of Frau Merkel, after she had welcomed into Europe well over a million migrants last year? Without any mandate from the people? Now THAT was a disastrous choice. Boris is where he is because of our DEMOCRATIC decision. And who can blame him for appearing apprehensive...there is a lot of work to do.

And as far as the money markets go......the financial 'experts' are running scared..they now have their very own 'project fear'. To be expected.

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

I wonder what we should do in the face of a humanitarian crisis, I also wonder what responsibility we should carry when part of the responsibility for the crisis rests with us.
It is not our responsibility to be on the front row every time something goes wrong but we are or were a compassionate nation who have responded to human tragedy in a positive way, it is a shame that this is now under threat because we have accepted migrants who have no intention whatsoever to integrate or show like minded compassion other than to those from their own culture.
I think it's termed being taken for a ride.
Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

You're reading too much into the hyperbole.

If anyone thought that leaving the EU was painless in the short term then they were mistaken, this kind if fluctuation was always going to occur, mainly because speculators want to cash in on uncertainty.  The pound only fell so sharply because it had risen in the lead up to the result in the mistaken belief of a remain result. The same for the stock market.

Interestingly the stock markets of weak southern EU countries fared much worse because they are fundamentaly weak economies whereas the UK is fundamentaly strong.

Moodys,  well where do we start with them.  In 2008 I seem to remember they rated the Credit Default Swaps as AAA, even in the face of evidence to the contrary stating they were junk they remained steadfast that their rating was accurate. 

It's all about who pays the most for the ratings agencies. Moody, Standard and Poors, etc.  they are an extension of the financial industry and they have no credibility

The EU doesn't want to play nice because it's scared for it's own existence. There is anti-EU sentiment around the whole continent and they are scared of a domino effect. All that is actually doing is fuelling the anti-EU sentiment as it shows little regard for national politics and is only interested in the 'Bigger Picture'

Trade deal with the US? we don't have one. Neither does any EU state as there is no trade deal between the EU and USA.  The current negotiation between the two is dead in the water.

The last time I looked we still bought things from the US and they bought things from us. We don't need a trade deal to trade. Trade deals are about making things easier for both nations, there is no reason for the US to stall on one between them and the UK, even if they do then we are in exactly the same position now as we were before.

The establishment is running around like headless chickens, in spite of all the overwhelming 'evidence' the public chose a different direction.  Now it's up to them to make it work.

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

As I said a couple of days ago Cameron was Toast - and Corbyn was next, just heard he's sacked Hillary Benn and now up to half the shadow cabinet is set to resign in an effort to get him to resign as leader.

Strange thing about all of the issues surrounding Brexit is the minority don't seem to accept what the majority want. The day that happens we end up moving towards total anarchy or a dictatorship, maybe we should have a referendum on which we'd prefer!

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Typical of politicians, when thing don`t go their way, they spit out their dummies and throw their rattles out of the pram.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent