Why do sellers hold back feedback

You know, when a seller holds off posting feedback even though they have my cash and there is nothing more I can do. I will not post feedback to them. What a bunch of cheap, I dont go back to them either.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

With business sellers who have hundreds of sales a day, they just dont have time to do it manually and set it up to leave feedback automatically when buyer leaves feedback.

Private sellers like myself, who only sell now and then, tend to do it in batches, when they have the time.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

You need to self report this post before another member reports it for you...
Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

@millielilac wrote:
You need to self report this post before another member reports it for you...

Why would they have too self report... Its their thread ..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

The reason that I, as a seller, dont leave feedback immediately upon receipt of payment is because, from experience, some buyers are what are known as "buyers from hell" who claim items not received or make a charge back and if I have left them positive feedback upon payment I am telling the world they are the "buyer from heaven" and how wonderful they are.

I will only leave feedback once I know that the item has been received by the buyer and that all is well. If not then I try and deal with the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Please respect that feedback is entirely voluntary and that for a buyer all they can get is 100% positive. Sellers on the other hand are in the lap of the gods and it is the seller who does all the hard work for the buyer and yet can get slaughtered in the feedback and DSR system. NOT a level playing field for the hard working sellers.

No doubt with your comments there will be sellers on these boards who will be adding you to their blocked bidder list as your thread comes across as a little aggresive, and I for one would not want to be involved with such attitudes to feedback.

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

The OP needed to self report their thread due to their use of bad language ....which you may or may not have seen as it has obviously been removed by a moderator.

tintin put it very well....all feedback is voluntary and this should be respected by all members. However the use of language used by the OP in the original post would seem to indicate that they are not respectful ....else they would not have posted such a vile word on the boards in the first instance.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

You know, when a seller buyer holds off posting feedback even though they have my cash goods and there is nothing more I can do. I will not post feedback to them. What a bunch of cheap, I dont go back to them either.

Fixed Smiley Tongue

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

When I sell stuff, which is not very often these days, I always send out an e-mail to the buyer thanking them for their purchase and then, amongst other things, I mention that I don't leave feedback until the buyer lets me know that their item has been received in good condition and that it is just what they wanted, adding that they can let me know by either sending me an e-mail or leaving feedback. I will then be delighted to leave Pos feedback for them.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I have accused of saying the above and even been reported to Ebay for it. I would like to say, I have never used that kind of vocabulary or gramma in my life. Ebay please be sure of where these comments are coming from, this is defamatory remarks and I did not make them.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

@tuckerbigdaddy5ngv wrote:

You know, when a seller buyer holds off posting feedback even though they have my cash goods and there is nothing more I can do. I will not post feedback to them. What a bunch of cheap, I dont go back to them either.

Fixed Smiley Tongue

Almost! 😂🤣😋

You know, when a seller buyer holds off posting feedback even though they have my cash goods and there is nothing more I can do. I will not post feedback to them. What a bunch of cheap, I also put them on my BBL, so they can't go back to the seller either.

Seriously, feedback is and always been optional. Some sellers have auto-feedback for when they receive feedback and some like to do feedback in batches once they know everything is ok.

I would have thught receiving the item in the condition as described would have been more of a priority, as this is what you are buying and not feedback.

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Why the heck is someone dredging up and misrepresenting things from 2013 ? Bored or just trolling !

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

I've set to leave feedback automatically on payment, and it's actually increased my feedback rate so the feedback stinges are actually hurting themselves.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent