What to do if you've ever dropped your phone into water.:-D

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/how-to-save-your-phone-if-you-get-it-wet-131720234.html

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

'What to do if you've ever dropped your phone into water down the loo'.

Why don't you say what you mean, Margs ? :^O

Mister EMB

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

My G'son has done that.:O 😄

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

They have missed off, The most important piece of advice

If the Phone gets wet

FIRSTLY

DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS, to see if it's working

Before you take battery out

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

None of that helps me - :_|

I dropped mine in Great Windsor Lock 😐

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Speaking from experience I can tell you that even with all the correct tools at your elbow and not at the back of some drawer, it will take about 30 minutes to remove the battery from an iPhone. You have to remove a minimum of 12 screws, some hidden, and 6 components before you can get at the battery.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

None of that helps me - :_|

I dropped mine in Great Windsor Lock 😐

My son dropped his in to the North Sea, along with several tools at different times.:^O

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Not meaning to cast Lupins at any board members or their relatives but it has always struck me as being very strange that some folk will spend upwards of £500 on a mobile phone and then not take care of it. I mean, if you were leaning over a tank of water for any prolonged period of time, would it not be prudent to take your phone out of your top pocket and put it somewhere safer?

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I put my daughters new Blackberry through a full machine wash, we did try to fix it but there really was no hope for that one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
No sig can't be bothered.
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Our young people have lost or damaged several phones over the years.

Son has dropped his iPhone in the bath a couple of times (what is it doing in the bath? you may well ask, we've had the "conversation") It has survived, but warnings have been issued!

Daughter dropped hers (it fell out of her jacket pocket) from a very high ride at Thorpe Park. She actually was able to reclaim it from Lost Property, still in working order (a bit scratched, but still working)

She also had hers in her handbag one time whilst shopping. As she was going into one of the big Centres/"Malls" she had to dispose of her open can of fizzy drink. Instead, she put it in her bag - well of course, it all sploshed out into her bag, soaking her phone. Mr Pix took the phone apart very carefully and spent hours trying to rescue it with a eggcup of warm water and a cotton bud, but of course, failed miserably. Another advisory chat ensued (ahem)

Just a couple of years ago, daughter had a new Blackberry. We took out an insurance policy, £7.99 a month. Paid it for 15 months (almost £120), then cancelled the policy. Two weeks later, she dropped the phone and smashed it to smithereens :_| Cost £100 for a replacement (by this time advisory chats are getting a little more heated)

Other accidents have happened and we have replaced the phones (at cost). Now it transpires that they were all actually covered by our household insurance. So we never actually needed the separate insurance, and never actually needed to buy new phones. 😐

Photobucket

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Most males drop their phones down the loo , when the phone is in a shirt pocket

So it's always the females fault for not leaving the seat UP

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent