What do you call a 'good paid wage'?

I'm curious to know what ebayers think is a good 'reasonable' wage
I have always thought my wage was quite good - and i know that many things have to be taken into account - like where you live

but on an average wage - i would think someone getting 30k a year PROFIT is pretty good

but i watched a programme some weeks back - and this couple with one child were saying they were 'struggling' with that amount!

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

I think it would depend on weither ir not you have a large mortgage or rent to pay.
Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Yes, I think £30k a year is pretty good; as has been mentioned on other threads, a first year Doctor ( in London ) gets £24,000 a year..........that's after training for 5 Years.

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

30k is twice my yearly take home wage and we pay rent, the full amount. The reason for that is my wife has a wee part time job which puts us outside any help and helps keep us afloat and we have simple tastes.

At 30k a year she could pack in her part time job and we would be more than comfortable.

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

I suppose it depends on how you budget and what you spend. My husband and I didn't earn anything like that between us, but we still had good holidays,drive 2 (modest ) cars,  bought a house, renovated it and had new furniture. But then, we rarely go out to eat, don't drink, and don't buy designer or any expensive clothes. I recycle, and waste nothing and try to spend as little as possible.

I have a freind who bleets on about being hard up, but thinks nothing of spending £70 on sunglasses, £ 130 for a handbag, and regularly has £60 haircuts. She thinks I'm so much better off than her because we have our own house.

However, in todays climate with prices as they are I do think the minimum wage is too low.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

A 'good wage'.... In order to live without worry and do be able to do things... ie  football season tickets ..go out for meals.. drink good wine... enjoy inviting friends for dinner.. nice holidays.. decent car.. go to the theatre.... etc etc..... MINIMUM... £100,000. (Gross)

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Around £1000 a week would do ok..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Is that before or after Tax? lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
Is that before or after Tax? lol.

You tell me ...I seen your wage packet..,,,,,.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

lol. did it make ya weep Tommy?. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
lol. did it make ya weep Tommy?. lol.0000,.,..jpg
Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

lol. Thou's a cheeky begger! lol.
Where's there's muck there's brass.

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

,,,,,,,.jpgIm glad i saved my money for my old age..

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

,,,,,,,,,.jpgI spent some for Christmas presents..

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Now, now Tommy own up that's just Yer loose change!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

I think a good wage is linked to the standard of living you feel comfortable with. If there is enough money to pay the bills etc, and you still have money left after you`ve also spent a bit on yourself, then that`s a good wage. Putting a price on a good wage is all down to the individual (or couple) but, I would imagine anything over £25k a year is a good place to start.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Hot Air Ballooning........It`s A Gas Gas GasHot Air Balloon

Your OPINION is ONLY a STICK for OTHERS to BEAT you WITH

Nil Illigetimide Carbarandium
Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

When a survery was made to find out what sort of income people would like to have, the results showed almost all those asked expressed a wish for approximately double the amount they were getting at the time, no matter how much that actually was.

A half as much again on my yearly income would do me then my wife would not need to work part time to help keep us afloat.

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

I think I know ONE person, who gets paid more than the average UK wage £26k, most earn nowhere near that

No one should get less than £11 an hour and P/T work should only be for People who want it, not enforced on People by companies, so they can employ 2 or 3 people with minimum employment rights, instead of 1 fulltime worker

NO ONE should be allowed to use zero hour contracts, unless it has been requested by the worker

There should also be a clamp down  on 'Internships', a despicable practice brought over from the great Mammon the USA, yes it has it place in small creative firms, but it has spread into loads of others

One Investment firm in London has 4 Partners earning mega bucks, with 50 interns doing the work, getting minimum expenses

A Tory minster resigned because His income of £140k a year was not enough to live on, while IDS says subsistence benefits are still too high

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent