Waiting for or sending a parcel with City Link?

City Link goes bust:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30602326

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Can't compete against Companies, using 'selfemployed' drivers on slave wages

e.g.  People working for the largest, earning £1.30 an hour after expenses

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Pity, they were one of the better couriers.

I've had a Christmas present sitting in the local depot for Hermes since 18 December, tracked as 'out with the local courier for delivery' but no sign of them.

Hermes and Yodel compete for the annual Cowboy of the Year competition. It would help if eBay sellers included their courier in their selling details. I would avoid them.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

City Link also used owner drivers, their schedules were hideous men virtually burst into tears if they got the wrong address because they could not catch up, on the other hand some would turn up and sit outside until it was the correct time to deliver the parcel.. One positive from the demise is my journey to and from work will no longer feature a green and yellow Transit van stuck to my boot.
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Yet the driver sitting in that van has now got the unpleasent feeling of having to find another job to meet his commitments,but as long as they are not in your way when you goto work!!

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Not quite what I meant, being unemployed is hell, losing your job at Christmas is the pits, I absolutely do sympathise with anyone who finds the self in that sorry position.
My throwaway remark about going to work was just that, it also applies equally to other couriers based in the same industrial estate.
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent