**Use of Signature Files in posts**

eBay provides a Signature File feature for the boards, that enables a signature to appear with each of your posts.

This file may contain up to 500 characters, and may contain HTML. The following guidelines are required for use.

Violation of these guidelines will result in removal of all posts containing the inappropriate signature and continued use will result in sanctions.

1. Material contained within or linked from signature files must not violate the Boards Usage Policy: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

2. All images found in a signature may not exceed a total area of 11,000 pixels or measure more than 50 pixels by 220 pixels.

3. Signatures may not contain any active code, animated GIFS, scripts, CSS, JS, mouseovers, midi files, tracking mechanisms, cookies, or any type of code other than plain HTML used in standard ways. Code written to bypass board filters in any way will be a violation.

4. Signatures must be static. They may not blink, move, fade, or change in any way.

5. Signatures may contain no more than one (1) link. This link must be to a page located on the eBay website, but must not like to external websites.

6. Members may link to any eBay page (meaning the link opens a page located on the eBay website, with an ebay.co.uk URL) within their signature, including to their Seller's list, their eBay Shop, or eBay search results for selling events.

If linking to Sellers Lists or Shops, such links must conform to the applicable standards set by the eBay Links Policy for links within Item Listings: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-links.html http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-links-faq.html with the following exceptions: No third-party credits are allowed within signatures

Members may not link in their signature to any page that is not an eBay page, including simple pages containing only photos or static information. This type of information can be provided on your About Me page, to which a link would be allowed.

7. Signatures may not contain any representation of a website address, even if that is your user id or Shop Name. Some examples of prohibited components include: “.co.uk”; ".com", ".net", ".org", ".ac.uk" or any variation of such as "_com" or "-com"

8. Notwithstanding the ability to link to items, the "No Advertising" clause of the Board Usage Policy remains applicable to posts made using signatures. Posting for the sole purpose of allowing one's signature to display will not be tolerated.

Examples of this include empty posts, repetitive posts, "bumping" without adding useful content, or other types of posts that do not contribute individually to healthy community interaction.

In addition, blatant language or techniques, including frequent change of signatures, is prohibited and will be interpreted as Advertising.

For clarification, please note that the Signature File Guidelines apply only to the use of a signature, which is that portion of a post that would commonly be repeated in every post a member makes.The content of the body of the post continues to be covered by the other elements of the Board Usage Policy specifics and interpretation.

Members may continue to post helping links, there is no prescribed limit to photo size or number of links within the body of a single post, members may not advertise by including links to their items in the body of posts, etc.

Thank you,

James
--
Veni, Vidi, Pink-i

-- Edited by james_uk@ebay.com at Feb 27, 2012 2:49 PM GMT
Please use my ID/email address for contact. I cannot accept Community Messages. Thanks in advance.

Veni, Vidi, Pink-i
Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0