US Town says NO to solar panels, they suck up all the Sun

This is not a Joke

US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun'

A US town has rejected a proposal for a solar farm following public concerns.

Members of the public in Woodland, North Carolina, expressed their fear and mistrust at the proposal to allow Strata Solar Company to build a solar farm off Highway 258.

During the Woodland Town Council meeting, one local man, Bobby Mann, said solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun and businesses would not go to Woodland,

Jane Mann, a retired science teacher, said she was concerned the panels would prevent plants in the area from photosynthesizing, stopping them from growing.

Ms Mann said she had seen areas near solar panels where plants are brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-u...

Well we know one Town that will definitely vote Trump for Pres

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

Then the Council voted for a moratorium against future solar farms slapshead.gif

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

During the Woodland Town Council meeting, one local man, Bobby Mann, said solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun.

Isn't that the whole idea?

What is wrong with these people? Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Ah ha so that's why I've been feeling so lethargic lately, my neighbours solar panels have stolen all my energy  Woman Embarassed

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

You'll have to take Vitamin D supplements Lola Smiley LOL

At first I thought that perhaps Ms Mann’s comments were taken out of context and she may have meant the ground in deep shade right underneath the panels (although so what - if it was a field of corn or wheat instead it would exclude wild plants too other than a few arable weeds that might pop up between herbicide applications).

Most of the real concerns were probably about property values, disguised by fake ones about environment and health

http://www.snopes.com/north-carolina-town-rejects-solar-panels/

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Judging by some of the stuff I've seen on You Tube, I would not be at all surprised if it had been true.

There are a lot of amazingly stupid and ignorant people out there.

My solar system was certainly worth it.

It cost me $10,000, will save enough in electric bills to pay for itself in five years, and my electric bills are now $2.50 per month, the minimum connection fee to be grid tied.

I generate more power than I use, and my utility company stores it for me on a 12-month use-it-or-lose-it rollover.

Even better than the cost savings is the enriched lifestyle. I can be profligate in my usage, light up my garden, give my brother-in-law his own refrigerator-freezer, run two large desktop computers, have air conditioning and a swimming pool… and I don’t have to watch every Watt I consume.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

What I want to know is why someone would trawl through all the ancient threads to resurrect a thread nearly eight years old that hadn't been posted on for all that time?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Maybe the sun got to them....

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

lambsy_uk
Conversationalist

Seems strange but then have you heard that some amazingly stupid and ignorant people think the planet will be desolate in 12 years, sea levels will rise by several feet, electric cars and wind farms have no environmental or human cost and we can control the climate with the help of governmental schemes?!

Most likely peddlers of doom disguising their corrupt profiteering and power-grab with fake notions about environment and health. 

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Didn`t know a `discussion` had a time limit on it!

You moan when people don`t respond to these discussions, then when they do, you ask why they haven`t got anything better to do 🤔

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Sure, there is no time limit but the relevance has surely changed after eight years? 

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

`one local man, Bobby Mann, said solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun.`

Probably from the same group that think the earth is flat and you can fall off the edge, planets full of them i`m afraid 🙄

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent