TOP 5 ALBUMS

Not sure how i came about it, but i watched a video on YouTube a while back and this guy had done a survey of the most wanted albums on Discogs. Those of you who don`t know Discogs, it`s pretty much the bible when it comes to music and you can buy and sell on there, but on your account, you can have what they call a `wishlist` or `wanted` list of albums you wish you had or want.

Anyway, not sure how he did it, but the number one most `wanted` album on there is Pink Floyd `Dark Side Of The Moon`.

i`ve never owned it, never heard it and never wanted to, but out of curiousity, i got hold of it and had a listen. Not bad at all, but i wouldn`t listen to it again, my music tastes are different and i like music a bit more `peaceful` now.

So it got me thinking, if you had to run out the front door, or forgive the cliche, you were stuck on an island, what are the top five albums you`d either run with, or want with you on that island?

I`ve stated only five as it makes you think a bit about what you have and what you couldn`t do without, but after thinking about it, my top five would be;

STREISAND `GUILTY`

DAVES TRUE STORY `NATURE`

PHIL COLLINS `FACE VALUE`

RUMER `B SIDES AND RARITES VOL:2`

CARPENTERS `LOVELINES`.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

TOP 5 ALBUMS

Good Morning !  How ya' doin' ?  Hope I find you well!

My music taste is very eclectic, to be honest  I like  sad toones,  like Leonard Cohen, B.  Eilish,  Moby, Rufus Wainwright,  are my faves,  maybe though not exactly great if I'm alone on a desert island,  but here goes!

Moby....  Play

Hans Zimmer....  The World of H Zimmer

Barry White....   The Collection

Eagles....    Greatest Hits

Supertramp's  First Album ( name passes my by, for the mo! )

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

TOP 5 ALBUMS

Hi sweetheart, i`m fine thank you, how are you?

i`m pretty eclectic myself, i often get asked who my favorite groups/artists are and apart from the fact i`m a Carpenters collector, i same the same thing each time, `nobody really, if i like a song, i like the song, i don`t care who sings it` 🙂

i listen to more `calmer` music now though, but listen to alot of jazz blues, i just discovered Birdy, what a joy she is, i`ve enjoyed Billie Eilish, like you Hans Zimmer (you must see his Prague concert), Passenger, Rumer, Rod Stewarts American Songbook albums are great, Celine Dion, Chet Baker, George Michaels solo stuff, and on and on i could go, the world of music is a joy and i`d be truly lost without it 🙂

mark.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

TOP 5 ALBUMS

This is proving to be a popular thread isn`t it 😂

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent