Should the police have paid

A child rapist to gather information on a child grooming gang, many of today's newspapers seem to suggest it is not and yet without his information all these groomers would still be at large. Isn't it time to recognise that those responsible are acting in a racist way towards vulnerable young white women/girls and that the time has come to deport those responsible!
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

At first glance it seems highly immoral to pay for this guy's services but from what I've read/heard on the news no convictions would have been secured without his contribution so from a Police point of view I have to agree that in this case the end justifies the means.

As all the perpetrators were Asian men and all the victims young white girls I agree this should be treated as a racist crime, but as for deporting them, where do we deport them too? The vast majority of the perpetrators in other recent cases have turned out to be British born.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

I suppose you are right JD, perhaps we should make wearing the burka compulsory for all women and young girls in order that these men are not lead into temptation?
I remember as a lad there was a **bleep** outside a local pub, the shock waves were palpable and the guy when caught was ostracised by the community, he claimed to have been drinking heavily however that was no excuse and he went to prison for a long time. That was the only case I can remember locally however to see these mainly Asian men doing what they are to vulnerable young White females is truly shocking and not something that I view as acceptable under any circumstances. Perhaps a few years of hard labour would help!
Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

I agree with both of you.

I would like to see these animals deported but if, as it seems, most of them were born here, that isn't going to happen.

If any good comes out of this, and the earlier cases, it will be that finally some of those in authority will admit that the previous policy of keeping it quiet for fear of being branded as racist, was horrendously flawed and....... it could be argued, led to a proliferation of such crimes because the perpetrators were aware of the policy, and in effect, played the race card in furtherance of there despicable crimes.

I await the boards very own argumentative pseudo intellectual, to make his appearance and tell us we are all wrong.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

One of the many downsides of multiculturism which has long been praised by governments of all persuasions as a boon to our country. If the MPs who stand in these deprived areas had to live and spend most of their time in their constituencies instead of swanning off to their country piles every evening and weekend, perhaps they'd see what's going on under their noses. There have been cases of this nature going on for years, Telford, Rochdale, Rotherham, Swindon, Oxford and now Newcastle. It seems to be a problem wherever Asians live in large numbers. 

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Initially I was shocked to read of the police using someone of his known background, and paying him all that money. But then the end results are there. It worked, now all those have been convicted, and I hope for a very long time in prison.

These type of people are like a cancer - Similar to drug dealers. As one or more get caught, there are more ready to step into their shoes. 

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Yes - set a thief to catch a thief.  This man wasn't put anywhere near the children, he was just asked

to infiltrate the group and inform.  As a result, There are now 17 other perverts in jail.

Had the police used the more usual methods of catching them, it could have taken years, during which time many more children would have had their lives ruined.  It's 10 grand well spent.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Worth every penny to get those scumbags locked up. The sad thing is that their sentences aren't long enough. Some of those jailed in the Case that was highlighted in the 'Three girls' programme a few months ago are already out and on the streets.  There should be twenty year sentences..and every single day of that sentence served. 

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

I thought the police use and pay informants all the time

They call them registered snouts

Photobucket
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Yes

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Every one of these animals should have faced another charge of being pig ugly, but once again the bleeding hearts brigade and the CPS have kept it under wraps for fear of been branded anti pig ugly.

As for the original question, there is no doubt whatsoever that the police did the right thing in paying the informant. What other choice was there? They needed proof to gain a conviction, and in my opinion it was for once, money well spent.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

While  it wasn't ideal, it didn't deserve all the unwarranted criticism from people that don't know exactly what went on.

The police obviously need to  keep some of it under wraps from the general public, and those horrors wouldn't have been caught.

George, you're not wrong, could you tell me which one of those beauties was the woman?.open_mouthSmiley LOL

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

The father of the convicted woman,  on local news this morning  said she's a victim, not a criminal and she needs help, not a conviction.

Does anyone agree with him?.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

It would depend on what she actually did, and the extent of her involvement in the crimes committed.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Judging by her photo I agree she needs help,
However I suspect that like many of the victims she was reliant upon them giving her drugs, that is a scourge on our society and those responsible for the manufacture and distribution are the real criminals in her case.
Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

As a footnote to my previous comment If we cannot make our prisons drug free how the heck are we supposed to keep the general public safe?
Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent