People really believe this ..

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/mum-stunned-discover-face-virgin-6738669.............A woman claims to have seen the face of the Virgin Mary - in a tree outside her home. Paula Raferty said she first noticed the startling similarity when a neighbour of hers walked up to her and pointed it out. Paula, 48, was chatting to her neighbour on Thursday morning when they pointed to a tree right outside her house in Whitefield, Greater Manchester. The mum-of-two believes it is a natural phenomenon that has possibly been there for a long time unnoticed - but says her children think it is 'spooky' that it appeared ahead of Halloween.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Does anyone know what the so called Virgin Mary looks like..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/03/22/its-a-miracle-vatican-claims-coagulated-bloo... more jokes to read..
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Well I suppose that newspapers are hard up finding a story to print, but the follow up will be on national news -

Dog arrested for desecration.

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

No more than they know what JC looked like when they claim to find his face on a piece of toast, or whatever.
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

As a child I spent many happy hours looking at the coal fire and saw all different kinds of things dancing in the flames ...but of course they constantly changed as the flames moved around .....

It is very possible to pick out features in the natural world too if you look hard enough and are creative with your imagination.........

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Some people will believe what they want to believe no matter how weak the evidence for it and how strong against it.

Never a truer word spoken.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswk69Tb2bE Father Ted.
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

People interpret things the way they see fit, Pit an atheist against a believer and they will argue for ever. If you are contented by your lot then frankly there should be no right or wrong.

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

The biggest problems atheists have with believers is when the believers expect their belief to control the lives of others.

Yes it's no different to those with strong political beliefs, In most cases the need to be seen towing the line prevents reasoned debate or even reason full stop.

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

People are so gullible. Also in the Irish Mirror - it seems that the face of God has been found on a slab of marble and that makes it worth 90 million Euros Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/pictured-face-god-spotted-slab-6517247

That the newspaper in the OP reports that the woman was 'stunned' to find a (rather vague) image of a face in bark beats me.  It's not even clear enough to be newsworthy.  Are people so generally unobservant that they haven't seen shapes in bark, stone and other natural materials? Perhaps they never get out and look.  And some can't comprehend co-incidence.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

There is a difference in that those religious believers who want their belief to control others, want it on the grounds of what their belief considers sinful, not what might be considered right ot wrong on it's own merits.

They believe in the opposite of equality.

People are so gullible.

There are those who really do think that the Earth is flat and covered over by a dome with the Sun and Moon circling overhead, Antarctica is an impassable ice wall around the edge, all space exploration is lies and satellites don't exist mostly on the grounds the Bible says otherwise.

It matters not what undeniable evidence you present to them to show that they are simply wrong, they remain unshakeable in that belief and regard those who trust reality as being indoctrinated.

The King James Version Bible (KJV) was authorized by King James I and is sometimes referred to as the “Authorized Version”. It was translated by the Church of England and was first published in 1611...People believe this man made translation..
Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

@bankhaunter wrote:

People are so gullible.

There are those who really do think that the Earth is flat and covered over by a dome with the Sun and Moon circling overhead, Antarctica is an impassable ice wall around the edge, all space exploration is lies and satellites don't exist mostly on the grounds the Bible says otherwise.

It matters not what undeniable evidence you present to them to show that they are simply wrong, they remain unshakeable in that belief and regard those who trust reality as being indoctrinated.

Are you trying to tell me there isn't a dome! Smiley Surprised

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:
The King James Version Bible (KJV) was authorized by King James I and is sometimes referred to as the “Authorized Version”. It was translated by the Church of England and was first published in 1611...People believe this man made translation..

But you forget that King James had the Divine Right to authorise that version of the Bible and as he was annointed by God it couldn't possibly contain untruths 🙂

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent