On the 11th of this month .........

At 1100hrs whatever I am doing I shall stop and remember those in the past and those in the not so past who have given the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

5a8e023f50d67f55ef5e9f4a5031fdbf--anzac-day-lest-we-forget.jpg

Surely giving a little time to do this is not much to ask. 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

No DC..it isn't too much to ask. And we should all pause for a while and remember. It's also important that we teach our children and grandchildren about the sacrifices that were made for us, otherwise they will be forgotten. 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

I always feel a little irritated when I hear  "they gave their lives"

No, they didn't.

Their lives were taken.

I too shall observe the two minuet silence.  I recently travelled to the other end of the country ( and back the next day)  just to lay flowers on a war memorial, on the 100th anniversary of an ancestors death in WW1.

It was the most meaningful journey I've ever made.

We should never forget them.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Despite having had a heart attack three weeks ago, I fully intend to march with my mates of the Guards Association in Sundays remembrance parade in Whitehall, just as I have every year since we returned from the Falklands in 1982.

That is the respect and regard I have for all those who gave the their lives in the service of their country and they should never be forgotten.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Blimey George, you've had heart problems too? The way to look at it is.... You woke up this morning, that's always a good start to the day?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I will stand, stop what I'm doing, concentrate my thoughts on those heroes and heroines and remain silent for the two minutes for all those brave men and women that died and also all those that fought in the two World wars and of course all the other conflicts on the 11th and again on Remembrance Sunday.

There are many minute silences these days for one person or another and if possible I will be silent out of respect. I stand and remain silent for the brave soldiers, not just out of respect for their sacrifices and their loss, but because I want to.

For them, it is definitely not too much to ask

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi, Geo

Hope you're fighting fit

Keep right on to the end of the road Mate

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear about your heart attack geo.

Hope you are on the road to recovery and wish you well.  Xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you Claire 🙂

I did a couple of circuits of the Ardingly antiques fair today and apart from a little tiredness and a hole in my wallet, I felt fine.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent