Old hands or non-posters.

Come on old hands, how about coming back and making some interesting and constructive posts?

OK, so it seems certain things can't be said but that applies in many places and situations too. Being deliberately confrontationally aggressive won't hack it here now but surely there's some interesting things to say or make comment about?

To non-posters I say please post. I see all the views and wonder who the viewer is that's reading but not posting. Why not?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 116
See Most Recent
115 REPLIES 115

Three girls died and were brought to the Gates of Heaven. Upon entering the gate, they were halted by St. Peter and his obedient angel. St. Peter told the girls, "Before entering you must answer this simple question." "Which is ...?", they replied in unison. "Have you been a good girl?", he asked the first girl. "Oh yes", she said. "I was a virgin before I got married, and was still virgin even after I got married." "Very good", said St. Peter. "Angel, give this girl... the golden key." "Have you been a good girl?", he asked the second girl. "Oh, quite good", she said. "I was a virgin before I got married, but was not after I got married." "Very good", said St. Peter. "Angel, give this girl... the silver key." "Have you been a good girl?", he asked the third girl. "Oh no, not at all", she said. "I practically had sex with every guy I met before and after I got married. Anywhere, anytime." "Very good", said St. Peter. "Angel, give this girl... my room key."
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 116
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

I read your post and though - why not answer but then again why should I.

However ignoring you would be impolite - but there again, would it be?

I decided to reply to you but not today maybe tomorrow and that was yesterday.

The reason I am doubtful is the last time I posted I was accused of being indecisive.

I don't think I am, but there again I might be.

Message 3 of 116
See Most Recent

is that all you were accused of lol ..outside the relm of 'our' threads me hahah.........

Message 4 of 116
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which "Old" hands would you like to come back CD? Which ones tickled you the most................Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 116
See Most Recent

Oh heck, I ain't making a list.

I might miss someone out that'd get peeved I'd not mentioned them.

Notice the views to posts ratio?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 116
See Most Recent

Maybe some people reach a stage where talk is so cheap, that they just can't be bothered any more. They continue to listen and watch in life, but make no comment; because it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Too many people "Talk the Talk" but don't "Walk the Walk" in this World...........after a while you just stop wasting your breath, or talking for the sake of talking; about meaningless tripe.

Message 7 of 116
See Most Recent

Is that what all those pepole who're glued to mobile phones are doing? Smiley Happy

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 116
See Most Recent

i post every now and again.but been busy this last week as hubby has been in hospital.x

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 9 of 116
See Most Recent

I wonder how the hell we used to cope when we were kids. I remember bad news used to be "I dented the Car" or "I'm pregnant" etc. etc. now it's "I've lost my mobile".........Oh Gee Whizz........guess we better get you some counselling then. So yes, your right, tripe is rife.......although I'm not sure we've got too many teenagers on here.....a few silver surfers though......maybe.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 116
See Most Recent

Smiley Very HappySome Are More Silver Than Other's hahaha

Petal
Message 11 of 116
See Most Recent

I'm banned from wearing beige, but she draws the line at me wearing one of those sleeveless tops; like the Harlem Globe Trotters.Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 116
See Most Recent

Quite right too, why would anyone want to wear beige unless of course you are the coolest crimpelene man in town😆

meanwhile Silver is the new blue, remember the rinse? And the post to views ratio is about average for a forum which is bound by the rule of ambiguity. Rather similar to the scenes yesterday when families were once again divided between South and North Korea. It's strange living in a free society innit?😷

Message 13 of 116
See Most Recent

Who counts as an 'old hand'?

I just looked in today coincidentally, I logged in to update my account because of the TalkTalk hacking!

Message 14 of 116
See Most Recent

I guess an "old hand" is someone who was posting during the golden years, 2002 - 2010?

Before anyone says my current ID is a bit "new", my original posting ID was registered in February 2002. I only switched to this one when ebay introduced the 10 FB rule.

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 116
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

Come on old hands, how about coming back and making some interesting and constructive posts?

If the old brigade (circa 2002 - 2010) have left, how are they going to see your call to arms ?

Message 16 of 116
See Most Recent

Just because they don't post, doesn't mean they don't look in. Also, some people have very long-standing "friendships" by email or even personal contact so they could be perhaps persuaded to return.

Also, some old hands have only recently stopped posting here so I hoped that which ever way they see or hear of the thread, they might be persuaded to drop in.

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 116
See Most Recent

We are not allowed to discuss the things we used to talk about 

No, I can't expand on that, because you are not allowed to do that either

Message 18 of 116
See Most Recent

I won't discuss whatever it is you are saying Al,
I think Lurkers should also be included within the Bup, excessive Lurking sounds promising, or Lurking with intent to discuss?
Lurking off topic is another one?
Clearly lurkers have it easy so I say penalise the lurkers and subsidise the posters, start by giving nectar points.
Message 19 of 116
See Most Recent

@al**bear wrote:

We are not allowed to discuss the things we used to talk about 

No, I can't expand on that, because you are not allowed to do that either

This is very true... I think UK ebay want to shut us down... The Aussys and USA have better humour..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 20 of 116
See Most Recent