Is this the way to solve the problem of the Calais 'Jungle' migrant campers?

Or to encourage it?   They are on French land.   It has long since been that they should have dealt with it.

The waiting game! The reward is free housing, education health service, pensions. And of course a life time of free pocket money. And when they bring their extended family over the same. The UK the promised land. Where the tax payer writes open

cheques for everything. And how on earth can we trust them all? We cant it is to dangerous.

Message 1 of 60
See Most Recent
59 REPLIES 59

Smiley Indifferenti clicked the pic thought i was looking at a armed drone in action

it,s a bit  like a giant carboot

Petal
Message 2 of 60
See Most Recent

@right-then-petal wrote:

Smiley Indifferenti clicked the pic thought i was looking at a armed drone in action

it,s a bit  like a giant carboot

I agree. Man Wink

Message 3 of 60
See Most Recent

http://www.theguardian.com/media/ng-interactive/2015/aug/10/migrant-life-in-calais-jungle-refugee-ca...
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 4 of 60
See Most Recent

This one is Better..............http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3348594/Restaurants-theatre-free-wifi-Calais-Jungle-migrant-...
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 60
See Most Recent

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2F1B3FEC00000578-3348594-image-a-1_1449442146929.jpg

Message 6 of 60
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:
This one is Better..............http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3348594/Restaurants-theatre-free-wifi-Calais-Jungle-migrant-...

Yes, thank you tommy.

And this is the ''difference'' between some refugees and their loyalties. And she was not leaving her dogs (see them under cart) Neither would I.

Heart breaking indeed.  See attachment:

Message 7 of 60
See Most Recent

Some of the comments after the article:

I feel so sorry for the people living in the nearby houses, they'll never be able to sell them, ever.....

Not a single Greggs in sight

When you leave bread out for the pigeons will they ignore it?

It's simple the liberal pc brigade have brainwashed people with their idiocy, it's been a form of social conditioning over years, it's so devious it makes me sick.

Smiley Surprised

We are many,They are few
Message 8 of 60
See Most Recent

Well, meant in the nicest possible way, instead of believing ANYBODY else.....Papers, TV, Politicians, etc. etc. I believe people I KNOW I can trust. My Daughter works for the "Border Agency" over the other side, in France. She told me that when she first started, she had some sympathy with some of the so called asylum seekers. She said that some came across as being genuinely desperate, especially some Women & lone Children under 15 years old. However, as time has passed & the security measures have been improved significantly; especially the high Fences, the Immigrants have got vicious & vindictive......showing possibly a more genuine side to their characters. There are now traffickers ( from the UK may I add ) in their midst, along with mafia type gangs & activists; stoking up trouble. They now throw rocks through the Windows of Lorries &  Motorists Cars, going to, or returning from, holiday; or visits to France / Europe. There are DEFINITELY radical Islamic militants among them and very few ( in relation to the total there ) are genuine asylum seekers. She said there are inter tribal & inter nationality disputes DAILY, usually with knives involved and some injuries are serious. The way She summed it up, kind of said it all really........She said "If they've got that much fight in them, why didn't they stay and fight to defend their own Countries "........MMMmmmmm I wonder why !!

Message 9 of 60
See Most Recent

The whole camp should be emptied and demolished. There has been similar behaviour at the borders in Eastern Europe. And where are the EU leaders? Gone very very quiet....not appearing to be doing anything to put a stop to all this human misery. They began it, and now they sit back and watch it happen. All part of the plan. 

Message 10 of 60
See Most Recent

The camps have been cleared at least twice - much good that did!

Message 11 of 60
See Most Recent

They may have cleared the camps, but what did they do with the inhabitants? They should be shipped back to their homelands.

Message 12 of 60
See Most Recent

It would appear that we have a special relationship with the French, a bit like the one we have with the Americans..............We help them with their problems and they make ours worse.Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 60
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

They may have cleared the camps, but what did they do with the inhabitants? They should be shipped back to their homelands.

Practically how do you suggest they do that if their 'homelands' are under the control of ISIL or Boko Haram or the Taliban etc?

Message 14 of 60
See Most Recent

Give them some weapons and send them home to fight for their countries. Like the young men of this country did in 1914 and 1939.

Message 15 of 60
See Most Recent

Your answer is not practical, rather a Trump type answer.

Message 16 of 60
See Most Recent

Yes......It is a bit of a hard lineTrump-like answer. But maybe Trump has a point. He is a caricature of a person, but there are a whole lot of people in the US who think he actually has a point. There aren't many practical answers available right now for the problem of 'The Jungle' camp....the damage is done. I have suspected foe some time that eventually it will be cleared and they will be allowed to come here legally......which would be a disaster.

incidentally....what is so wrong with the idea that they should be at home fighting for their own countries? They are mostly fit young men. Have you never heard of the French Resistance? That is what the French did when their country was overrun by Nazis. They didn't run away. 

Message 17 of 60
See Most Recent

Akin to shipping the Free France Army or the Polish and Czech pilots back to their country during the last war.  Not the same at all as the French resistance.  They are mostly coming from areas where civil war is rife.  Vichy France is a more valid example where Jews were shipped out to death camps.

Again you haven't come up with a practical answer, just a sound bite - what are you suggesting in practical terms?

I can't believe you are really suggesting giving them all, men women and children, a gun and parachuting them into Aghanistan, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Iraq etc. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then again maybe you are.  

Message 18 of 60
See Most Recent

No-one mentioned women and children....I said that most of those in the camp at Calais are young fit men. I am not suggesting anything in practical terms....there is no answer, to the problems in Calais, or to the migrant problems in general. Maybe that is why some people are willing to vote for Mr Trump...because he actually does suggest something, as outlandish as it may be, unlike other leaders in Europe and America who are floundering.

What would your practical answer be to the problems in Calais? Have you got one? My post wasn't intended as a practical answer, more a tongue in cheek reply. But no-one can deny that most of the migrants in Calais are fit young men...very able to fight. I found Evo's post very informative, and based on information coming from someone at the forefront of what is happening. 

Message 19 of 60
See Most Recent

It's one thing suggesting something practical, getting it done is quite another.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 60
See Most Recent