Is it me or U K Customs office is racist and outdated!

I used few shipping methods and Royal Mail seems to be the better option so far but Customs office's attitude need to be updated. It is unusual to have this many government officials to be ignorant, of their owns laws, at times! Why are they talking down to foreigners?! 

Forget about bending a knee in football games, you guys, need to change your official's attitude. Complains need to come within, no one could change anything by complaining from out of U K.  
I notice, when in a group mail, U K Custom, always ignores the person in foreign country, with no exceptions. That's racist you guys. You can't do that!  When in group email, you need to confront your government agents. Let them know, they should correct themselves. My dear U K community, universe is moving, you need to move with it. Confronting a government official is not a sin anymore. It's a good thing, it's a right thing to do if you see an obvious problem.    
Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

we have tv from america ,gun laws, mass shooting  border controls

you sort out across the pond before trying to sort us out

Petal
Message 2 of 28
See Most Recent

You forgot Liberty, democracy, freedom of speech ... this is just a matter of speaking out to do some good. You seem not to be comfortable with it, Petal! 

Message 3 of 28
See Most Recent

Petal's comment, should be the tell tell sign of all. It's very normal wanting for things to stay the same. Calmness is a wonderful feeling. 

Things need to change. Changes wouldn't occur in a calm environment. We need to have understanding officers in duty. It's important when you see something, say something. It works. It has been tested and proven  
Message 4 of 28
See Most Recent

😁 I.m Comfy Thanks, I Have Liberty To  Walk Around In A Democracy And Freedom Of Speech Unless It.s In A Pub   ( Bar )

I Notice You Have No Bear's You Can Borrow Some For Now

.bears one.gif

Petal
Message 5 of 28
See Most Recent

Sorry, I don't get your humer. Never understood British humer beyond Benny Hill! Is it British? Don't know! Indian?! Hmmm

I've been told that I talk like drunks. Guess that's what you're saying!? ha ha ha ... Cheers 

Message 6 of 28
See Most Recent

Try to explain this? A large chiming clock (early 20th C) in an ebonised case was really securely packed in a wooden crate and sent from the UK to the USA. USA customs sent it back claiming it violated CITES by being made of Ebony.

After checking it was still OK, it was sent back to the USA again with the explanation that it wasn't made of Ebony, it was ebonised, that is, the wood stained Black and then polished with a sort of Black French polish.

When the clock eventually arrived at it's destination, it was smashed to bits. Thank goodness it was insured. Clever US customs eh?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 28
See Most Recent

`freedom of speech`

No such thing anymore, because if you say anything, no matter how well intentioned, your racist, sexist or ageist.

Message 8 of 28
See Most Recent

@*knight-rider*  At least you can say it! Try to say something in an email to U K Customs, you'll be totally ignored. Just like; you're never there. It happens every time I confront them. That every time is 2-3 times a year for past 10 Yrs. These people are not trained well. Who can I complain to? No one

@cee-dee You were not ignored. Someone was listening to you and finally  you got paid for the damages. 

Message 9 of 28
See Most Recent

why don't you tell us what actually happened,

then someone may agree with you,

Message 10 of 28
See Most Recent

Hello Pixie, It's Something To Do With A  Custom Person Not Bending At The Knee 

.bear ring.gif

Petal
Message 11 of 28
See Most Recent

Last time?! Like last 30 times! First thing I ask for; may I get an itemized invoice for the charges?  No response. Wait for three days, watch the tracking, will send another email, nothing. I ask the receiver to send an email. Oh, we get an invoice. I email Customs, you are overcharging for X Y Z reasons... nothing again. I send another email to the receiver, explaining Look at this U K Custom's law, look at these websites. Buyer emails, most of the times , she/he get an answer  with me attached. Then we go at it like ten times ... and this has been happening to me for past 10 years selling on line.  

Message 12 of 28
See Most Recent

@santamonicajeweler wrote:

Last time?! Like last 30 times! First thing I ask for; may I get an itemized invoice for the charges?  No response. Wait for three days, watch the tracking, will send another email, nothing. I ask the receiver to send an email. Oh, we get an invoice. I email Customs, you are overcharging for X Y Z reasons... nothing again. I send another email to the receiver, explaining Look at this U K Custom's law, look at these websites. Buyer emails, most of the times , she/he get an answer  with me attached. Then we go at it like ten times ... and this has been happening to me for past 10 years selling on line.  

After reading that my head hurts.

Message 13 of 28
See Most Recent

Well maybe Uk Customs do not answer because they do not understand the question going by the Ops post 😞

This could so easily turn into some political debate........

With respect OP.....who are you to try and tell us what to do?    Its called Taking the knee and not bending the knee at football games being an example

Message 14 of 28
See Most Recent

I am only suggesting to be good people and correct yourself, respect each other even if we all don't live under one flag or in your geographic area. Then, you wouldn't see someone from a far far land, suggesting, hey; why don't you listen and respond instead of pretending that you care! 

Otherwise, things always stay the same. Nothing changes. People in power of handling your postal packages do the same thing for generations. Man in authority wouldn't even regulate the way your laws are set. Clients will be overcharged.

I am going to fight this, regardless, because semantics don't mean anything to me. I am asking you to meet me half way. If you don't want to, fine. 

Message 15 of 28
See Most Recent

fascinating

but why are you getting involved in the customs charges your buyers are being charged?

customs payments have NOTHING to do with the seller, they are paid by the importer (the buyer)

so I assume you are being ignored by the UK customs staff because it has absolutely nothing to do with you!

but what any of this has to do with ebay is beyond me,

UK customs has nothing to do with ebay either unless the seller is using the GSP WHERE THE BUYER IS CHARGED AT CHECKOUT AND AS LONG AS THE SELLER PUTS THE CORRECT CODE NUMBERS ON THE PACKAGE THE BUYER WON'T BE CHARGED ANY EXTRA

Message 16 of 28
See Most Recent

Something has upset you, but I'm not sure what the exact problem is.

Hope you get is sorted.

Message 17 of 28
See Most Recent

and therein i think lies the difference we do NOT have a President....the Prime Minister does not rule our country King Charles ultimately does.   Not sure which "man in authority" you are referring to.

Royal Mail our main postal provider is currently owned by shareholders.

Message 18 of 28
See Most Recent

`I am only suggesting to be good people and correct yourself, respect each other even if we all don't live under one flag`

I`m sorry, but with respect, i fail to see how being `good people` and `respecting each other` has anything to do with the fact you can`t get an itemised invoice from any customs officers!

i know english doesn`t appear to be your first language, but i don`t get your point at all.

Message 19 of 28
See Most Recent

What  Do You Mean Met You Half Way

Petal
Message 20 of 28
See Most Recent