I dont Believe It

Mum with disabled daughter campaigns for wheelchair ramp - and gets £40,000 'slalom' eyesore Clare Lally begged her local council for improved access for wheelchair-bound Katie, seven, after the council gave them a home at the top of three flights of stairs. What she got turned her relief to shock...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

I dont Believe It

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

Mum with disabled daughter campaigns for wheelchair ramp - and gets £40,000 'slalom' eyesore
uk.news.yahoo.com
Clare Lally begged her local council for improved access for wheelchair-bound Katie, seven, after the council gave them a home at the top of three flights..
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

I saw that on a discussion programme yesterday, Tommy! What a complete and utter disaster, not to mention insulting. Totally ridiculous. I so hope the council will rectify it soon!

Photobucket

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

All that would have been required would have been to remove the steps, excavate a path level with the road, and install a hoist/lift to the front door, constructing a secondary set of steps near the house for non-disabled people.  Or is that too easy? (roll eyes)

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

Why on earth did they give her that home in the first place, surely it couldn't have been the only one available?

I dont Believe It

And a lovely front lawn, ruined!

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

When she's not using it the local skateboarders could put it to good use?

We are many,They are few
Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

If the poor girl miraculously regains the use of her legs..... the 'believers' will be able to form an orderly queue to her front door...

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

@joe_bloggs* wrote:

When she's not using it the local skateboarders could put it to good use?

If you read the story ..the skateboarders use it now.. I wonder if it would have been easier around the back of the house.. as Banks said moving her would have been cheaper..

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

OMG OMG HOW awful LOOKING is that??????????????.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

This is just a guess, but they may have had some issues with using mechanical contrivances, weather, zoning, or some weird obscure laws, etc - I just don't know for sure.  Either way, having decided that they required a physical path up to the front door of that residence, there is the matter of gradient.  They probably have rules about that too - you know, one must not have a gradient steeper than 1 in 15, or something (I don't know the numbers), and then the only way to achieve THAT was to do what they did.  All in all, the effects ARE rather startling - They remind me of the serving line at a particularly awful fast food franchise.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

I dont Believe It

Sorry - poor taste.  1/10 for wit.  Robot Mad

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent