How Ebay has changed over the years as a seller...

Has anyone else noticed a number of changes over the years - and not all for the better?

I've noticed an unhealthy couple of trends with buyers. The first is the "I want it now" buyer.

I run auctions, the end date will coincide with my availability to ship out. 

But, with the auctions, I can almost guarantee several buyers will message me with "Wots ur buy it now price?????" (sic) or words to this effect. I'm always polite, but, it's an auction for a reason. I'll explain I'll let the auction run, and they return with "Ill give you £50" on an item that eventually will sell for maybe £300. It's nuts.

The second trend I've noticed is a huge slow down in the buyers paying post auction. They'll bid to the point of winning, then wait hours / days to pay. Kinda effects my auction to coincide with posting plans! 

The faster payouts by Ebay are great - moving from Paypal seems like the right move. But, man, it seems expensive to list here these days! 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

It's called a Lost Generation who didn't have access to Home Economics at school and hence, haven't got a clue about etiquette, let alone budgeting and how to cook!

It's not just selling that's changed, unfotunately, it's buying too! Personally, I don't know which is more frustrating now on eBay. Selling or buying?

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Got to agree with the OP.  Also, very tired of the lowballers who offer to buy for less than half and the people who send an offer that you accept and then they don't come back to pay.  

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

If the site is not offering you satisfaction, then try another. There are plenty out there to use regularly and some with very few fee's, if any. There will always be those who don't pay etc.

Just make sure your eBay 'Seller Preferences' are set tightly and you might find that those type of buyers get weeded out rather quickly and never get to bother you!

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent