HAVE A FLATSCREEN TV BELIEVE ANALOGUE,IF PLUGGED THIS SWIVEL SCART ALONE COULD I GET DIGI CHANNELS

AS SUBJECT/

I HAVE A FLATSCREEN TV BUT I BELIEVE IT TO BE ANALOGUE ? NO FREEVIEW ,I HAVE NO OTHER BOX ETC CONNECTED,SO IF I BOUGHT ONE OF THE SWIVEL SCART DIRECT UNITS FROM YOU WOULD THIS GIVE ME THE DIGITAL CHANNELS ON ITS OWN,THANKS GEOFF.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

HAVE A FLATSCREEN TV BELIEVE ANALOGUE,IF PLUGGED THIS SWIVEL SCART ALONE COULD I GET DIGI CHANNELS

You are asking on a forum,so ask the seller of the whatever it is you are on about.

But if your TV is analogue,then you will need a Digi Box of some kind to get Free Veiw or Sky etc.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

no you need a freeview box and an arial

Petal
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

You could a Freesat box and a sat dish to get UK tv.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Yes, but it's a falllacy about needing a licence.  It's been proved time and time again, you don't need a licence to receive television coverage.  Turn on any television, licenced or not, it will still come on.  £1000.00 fine or six months inside?  Rubbish!  How many people do you know who have been fined £1000.00 or have been sent to prison for this heinious crime against society?  The sooner the BBC start improving the service as opposed to coming out with these absurd threats/claims, people without licences might think about paying for one.  The trouble is, once you've bought one, they've gotcha!  They know where you live! Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL  These absurd threats have never bothered me.  If it wasn't for my wife and daughter wanting Sky, I wouldn't bother about television at all.  All I watch is the news headlines.  What justification is there in them demanding £130.00 odd?

Ever wondered why I've never been summoned to appear in court for non-payment? (Could be because I have one) Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

"A week after the culture secretary, Sajid Javid, confirmed a review of the law that makes non-payment of your television licence a criminal offence (unlike, say, payment of your electricity bill), magistrates courts are still ploughing through large numbers of prosecutions, at a rate of about 3,500 a week. Javid said almost 200,000 people were prosecuted in 2012-13 for failing to buy a TV licence, which costs £145.50 a year. “More than 50 were sent to prison."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/24/in-court-non-payment-tv-licence-television-desperate-...

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

"A week after the culture secretary, Sajid Javid, confirmed a review of the law that makes non-payment of your television licence a criminal offence (unlike, say, payment of your electricity bill), magistrates courts are still ploughing through large numbers of prosecutions, at a rate of about 3,500 a week. Javid said almost 200,000 people were prosecuted in 2012-13 for failing to buy a TV licence, which costs £145.50 a year. “More than 50 were sent to prison."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/sep/24/in-court-non-payment-tv-licence-television-desperate-...

Not paying for a TV licence is not any kind of offence,its watching or recording  live TV without paying for one that'san offence.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent