From one thing to another?

I don't know what other folks think (I hope to find out) but I find it irritating, even annoying that news items (in print & online) start with a report about something then switch to something different where I'd call it part way through.

Also, nowadays TV programmes start with the same old intro, then mention several items appearing in the programme before starting "properly". By that time five minutes has passed. About twelve minutes in to the programme, they're heading for an ad-break with "coming up next". After the adverts there's a part repeat of what's already been shown. Do they think we've got a very short attention span?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

And They Repeat Things Like Russell Brand Latest News

He's Not In The Food Chain

Why Not Let Police Deal With It 

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I think that this is how they get you to watch.  They say something like, "see the goose that laid the golden egg", then, as you say, they keep you watching by showing you other things while continually promoting the "goose".   Similarly on the web, you often see a picture with a caption that promises to show you something interesting, then when you click on it, you see picture after picture, with commentary,  that seem to be leading up to what you wanted to see, but ten minutes passes and you still haven't gotten there yet.  I wonder if these types of sites get paid based on how long they can keep you looking at them?  Be that as it may, I share your annoyance at the practice.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I think the term they use to describe what you said is "click-bait"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It's all about money and dopomine.

The 2 work together hand in hand.

I could expand on that but after watching Chris Packham "is it time to break the law" last night it became clear that my words would be ignored or misunderstood because the majority of us humans have no real vision of what is actually clear to the surging minority ,they cannot see the 500 ft thick wall straight ahead of us when our accelerator pedals beckon.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Well now I'm intrigued 🤔 if you were to elaborate I will not ignore! and try my best to understand ?

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm sick of hearing about him now.

I hate it how when they get a so called celebrity news it goes on for weeks, even the most trivial things are brought up and half the time they're people I've never heard of.

Then news that really is important is practically ignored.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Too true Margie. Also, when they do report some "proper" news, they often miss out the vital details that you really want to know.

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent