Black Friday went well

What a polite well behaved bunch we are, one Tesco store shut it's doors only 15mins after opening, one woman hit on the head by a TV.
I bet the scenes will be compulsive viewing overseas, in North Korea, Iran etc So who on here was tempted to go elbow to elbow for an out of date TV?
Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Black Friday went well

Chavalanche!

Message 21 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

I,ll bet a lot of people don't even need the big telly,for some I think it's a way to a quick profit by flogging it on eBay or gumtree to make up for low wages and high bills,reminds me a bit of the 2011 riots,except this time they were paying

We are many,They are few
Message 22 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

Photobucket
Message 23 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/black-friday-shoppers-struggle-sell-4730426

Black Friday shoppers struggle to sell TVs on eBay after day of mayhem and violence

Hundreds of shoppers who braved the violence and mayhem of Black Friday to by big screen TVs are now struggling to sell them on eBay.

People all over the country were seen grappling over the reduced electrical goods, after queuing for hours to get into supermarkets.

Asda was selling a 40 inch Polaroid TVs, which had been reduced by just £80, and 50 inch Blaupunkt HD TVs were from £399 to £249 in Tesco.

Now many of them have been placed on eBay.

But despite being snapped up in minutes on Friday, they are struggling to generate any interest online.

Many Polaroid TVs have also been placed on the site, with one writing: "Black Friday deal polaroid TV in box not been opened. Purchased 29/11/14 from Asda."

Another punter is even trying to just sell the television BOX, but has attracted no bids so far.

Message 24 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

I'm not surprised. Take the Blaupunkt 50 inch TV - anyone one not buying an item in an atmosphere of hysteria and panic buying might look at the reviews and see it is slated for its tinny sound so would probably look for a TV with better reviews. If you know what you would like and are prepared to wait a bit you can almost always find a good deal somewhere on the internet.

One seller listing this TV which he/she says they queued for hours for and paid £250 wants £310 or nearest offer.  Collection only so no Paypal fees, and assuming they used a free listing allowance, even if they get their full asking price the FVF will be £31, so they will make £29 for all that mayhem and hassle, and only £20 if they accept an offer of £300.  However desperate someone might be to make a few quid, queueing for hours and laying out £250 in the first place to make 8-12% profit on the TV doesn't seem like a good strategy to me.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 25 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

@tommy.irene wrote:

They got 5 TVs..0000000000000000.jpg

.I wonder if the 5 TVs went on EBay..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 26 of 27
See Most Recent

Black Friday went well

One poor soul may be less keen to trust the ebay market to make them a profit from Black Friday next year. 

One large 50ins TV cost £249, final bid £258 so after FVFees made the seller a loss of £17.  After fuel costs, parking, and all that queueing and scrambling for goods they didn't even want to keep themselves and then to make a loss, they must be disappointed. 

Luckily the same seller bought 2 to sell and managed a £10 profit on the second one, so only £7 loss in total.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 27 of 27
See Most Recent