Be aware of unscrupulous shop sellers which use zero hours contracts

I presume this is fine to post now*, since I've removed the name of the 'shop' in question, although one could argue that if the 'shop' had done nothing wrong, they have nothing to feel ashamed about, do they? I also confirm I am not reporting any violation, listing policy issues, or feedback dissection.

This should also open the discussion re concerns of ebay aiding these businesses, by allowing high street chains which are guilty of using zero hours contracts to trade on ebay, as by doing so ebay becomes a part of the problem by indirectly supporting this.

*"Guidelines state: Naming and shaming of members not present in a discussion (listing policy issues, feedback dissection, reporting violations via the Boards etc) is not and never has been permitted on the eBay.co.uk boards."

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill, which includes a section banning exclusivity clauses in zero hour contracts completed the committee stage on the 6th November - the report stage to the House of Commons is due on the 18th and its third reading and vote on the 19th before being passed on to the House of Lords.

In short, god only knows.

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

@0125arwen wrote:

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill, which includes a section banning exclusivity clauses in zero hour contracts completed the committee stage on the 6th November - the report stage to the House of Commons is due on the 18th and its third reading and vote on the 19th before being passed on to the House of Lords.

In short, god only knows.

Why do you say that? - the Bill's not faced any opposition so far and no suggestion that the Lords will block it - on that basis should be enacted before Christmas.

Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent