Back when ebay split itself in two.

Several times over the four years I've been reading the boards I've seen suggestions that ebay is too big and should split itself into two or more parts.

This is followed by replies saying its been tried before but with little or no info. apart from that it was seen as a failure and abandoned.  Ebay Express is sometimes mentioned in passing.

Does anyone remember when this split happened and how long it lasted before it was abandoned?

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Schizophrenics don't have to split themselves in two, they're already there.......say one thing.....do another......do one thing.....say another......say a lot......do nothing......and finally deny any knowledge of doing anything.Smiley IndifferentSmiley LOL

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never heard of it.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

2006 to 2008 I think Quib

Jargon-intensive but interesting blog about it here:

https://blog.adamnash.com/2008/08/20/a-eulogy-for-ebay-express/

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Many thanks for the link.  Had a quick scim through but need to read and digest.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Ebay Express was used to promote fast and free delivery on buy-it-now items with a generous (for the time) returns policy.

I recall it was for new goods and you had to get the orders dispatched quickly. It was separate from the main listings and heavily promoted.

It fell on it's bottle and glass. Many sellers thought free delivery was a daft idea that would just cost them extra fees.

All part of the fun of selling on ebay. Never a dull moment here.

I'm a bit sarcy.
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

With respect: You felt to add your input to the aforementioned question with a mention of people who have Schizophrenia?.

It is an illness, not to be belittled in anyway at all. In my career I have seen many youngsters, adults and families go through sheer hell with this illness. Also I certainly do not see any reason for you to add a LOL smiley alongside what you wrote. 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Best to leave it at that then!. 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent