American Mother Nature Lovers/Environmental issues and products

Hello,

I am a lover of Mother Nature and all her Bounty. I try to harm no-one, no Animal, no Plant or tree. I will not use any type of Insecticide, Hernicide or Weedkiller. I allow my garden to be a haven for Snails, Slugs, Hedgehogs and all of the Biological Circle of life.

My small garden is beautiful and rewards me with peaceful hours. My answers come from Evolution and watching the seasons. I see the Sky and Clouds, the Sun, the Trees, feel the beautiful English Rain, the Wind and the magnificent Ocean. 

I have inner peace and my senses are mindful of all the colour and beauty that surrounds me. I am lucky. I need no supernatural 'gods' to ensnare me, I am free as a bird. A Naturalists world is full of wonder and beauty.

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

ok.gif

Petal
Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

How lovely Smiley Very Happy

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Marvellous, but what does that have to do with selling on Ebay?

Also, if you're targeting this at Americans, you've floated across The Pond. These are the UK boards. slight_smile

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

tapperred
Conversationalist

i can't help but wonder what else you have in your garden.

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

You should HAVE used a verb! 

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Perhaps the OP has achieved a moment of enlightenment and is revealing to us THE secret of selling of ebay and having peace of mind?

As they mention English rain and Hedgehogs (are there hedgehogs in America?) I assume they are here in the UK. and find our weather and gardens particularly pleasant.

Messages to-and-fro between myself and a lady in one of the southern states where she has to contend with scorpions, snakes and some species of vole that tunnels its way all over her garden.  Also frequent thunder-storms that cause her creek to flood and wash away her plants plus hurricanes.  The tameness of the UK might seem heavenly to her.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

You should HAVE used a verb! 

Thank you for the correction. That's very helpful.  Smiley Happy

The bit below the dotted line is a posting signature, commonly referred to as a "sig". It's usally information about the author or sometimes just a remark, maybe a witty one.

My current "sig" is a little self-referential joke. "I should of used a verb". The use of "of" is clearly incorrect and it should of have been "have". The joke comes from the statement acknowledging the correct form of the sentence and yet persisting with the common error of using a preposition instead.

Now that I've explained, I hope you find yourself greatly entertained by the joke. Unfortunately, although I found it funny when I first saw it in a magazine, it now doesn't seem funny at all.

Smiley Sad

I might change it back to my other favourite which is "There, their, they're - never mind." Don't explain the mistakes, just tell me if you think it's funny or not.

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Actually, I might come up with a couple of new ones based on the lost distinction between "your" and "you're" which always bothers me.

My other favourite is the confusion between "bought" and "brought".

The one I like most is the transposition of "buyer" and "seller"; for example "It's been a week since my item sold and my seller hasn't paid me yet.,"

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes.....I understood it was a sig. But is it wise to perpetuate bad grammar...however tongue in cheek. Correct grammar is gone out of the window in this country, and I have more or less given up on it, but that particular example...'should of', and the other very similar and often used example, 'off of', are my pet hates. When I see them on a page, they jump out and hurt my brain!

Back to the original subject of the OP.

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always nice to meet someone who is so at peace with himself and the world.......

except when it comes to spelling then. Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

Yes....., I understood it was a sig. But is it wise to perpetuate bad grammar ... - however tongue in cheek.? Correct grammar is has gone out of the window in this country, and I have more or less given up on it,. but Tthat particular example...,'should of', and the other very similar and often used example, 'off of', are my pet hates. When I see them on a page, they jump out and hurt my brain!

Back to the original subject of the OP.

5/10

Overuse of ellipses.

Missing question mark.

Incorrect past participle.

Awkward sentence construction.

See me.

Apologies. I couldn't resist. Smiley Happy

―――――――――――
I should of used a verb
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Snigger!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Point taken! I have a lot of typos these days....my cataracts are bad......it's like trying to type in thick fog.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Sorry to hear that Astro xx I should think it most frustrating xxxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Lol

Since the spelling/grammar pulpit has been in use for years, despite the same personal mistakes, the NHS must have a waiting list measured in geological time.

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Let's all just hope that you never get cataracts.

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Missed opportunity Richard !

Its been a week since my item was brought and my seller hasn`t payed me yet
Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Must be that special form of cataracts which allows one to view others alleged mistakes, but obscures one's own, such that they become 'typos' induced by this rare form

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes, that's quite correct!

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent