30 day experiment of feeling good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, here it goes.

I want to invite all of you to do this experiment. It's fun and you have to do it on a daily basis for 30 days.

It's about feeling good. We are often surrounded by all kinds of doom and gloom, from little irritations to really upsetting things that can affect us the whole day or longer.

So what I would like you to do is when you get up in the morning to make it you dominant intent to look for good things around you. Tell yourself that this day you are going to interact with nice or interesting people, see, taste and smell lovely things and just in general look for the best in everyone, everything and anything surrounding you.

You have to make it your purpose. Make it a game for yourself.

I would like you to post some of those things on here if you will. Just tell on here what you have been doing that made you feel good, if and when something good happened, how your day went, how it made you feel etc....and I want you to milk those feelings, focus as long as you can on the thing that makes you feel good. They don't have to be great things, it can be just simple things, like you saw birds in your garden and you enjoyed seeing them playing and feeding, or you saw someone who had a lovely smile, or a cat climbing a tree after a squirrel, or you picked up a bargain in the shops. Just stuff like that. Look for these things around you and focus on them. You might think it's ridiculous, but it's no more ridiculous than focusing on all the bad stuff surrounding you (which I know everyone is very good at, so now get good at recognising all the good stuff and put your attention on that for a while)

Only put the good stuff on here. NO complaining allowed.

If you don't want to share it on here with others, then still do it for yourself and see what happens or has happened after 30 days and just see how that month has been for you. Smiley Happyheart

Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Aaaah - this is easy for me!

Several years ago, family bought me a hedgehog house for Mother's Day. We haven't had hedgehogs in our garden for years and years, so it hasn't been used.

Two nights ago, a little hoggie trotted past our patio window, same time the next night.

Whooppee - made me feel really happy!  Smiley Very Happy

Would be even happier if it settled in my little hedgehog house, and had babies . . .      Smiley Happy

Photobucket

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's is what I mean. Smiley Happy

It would be so cute when that happens. Keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

That's is what I mean. Smiley Happy

It would be so cute when that happens. Keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Being retired, I try to find delight in simple things...

Four years ago, I bought a Clivia plant (Kaffir lily) and I was assured by the fellow in the flower shop that it was a 'mature' plant.

You only get flowers from mature plants, so I thought I would have myself a beautiful bloom that year, but for some reason it never happened..?

Being a little disappointed, I sat the plant in the corner of the living room, and while I attended to it's needs, so to speak,I really didn't give it much of a thought.

Well...imagine by delight, when I passed by yesterday and noticed that it was finally flowering..

I doubt if I could be any more thrilled.!!

This is a clivia in bloom..

Clivia plants

Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

Well the other night the outside light came on, when I looked out the window there was a dog fox running around and around the garden, he jumped up on our six foot wall and ran along it, he then jumped down and was joined by a vixen, they then preceded to mate in our garden, when he finished he then showed off by running about again, he finally tried to jump back on the wall, however by this time maybe he was getting tired because he slipped and landed on a prickly bush in a large pot, he almost glared at the bush before jumping on the wall and disappeared in the neighbouring gardens.

Quite a sight to see (and hear, very noisy)

Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

F.A.O. Harriet.

Busy on here lately, aren't we dear ?    photo laugh.jpg

Bit upside down meself.

I quite like Foxes and Hedgehogs, the latter baked in clay. I still haven't found a decent recipe for Foxes, though. Must drop a line to Mary Berry.

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep 'm coming, and think of more stuff like that during the day as much as you can. Seek for the treasures that surround you day in day out. Smiley Happy

The other day I had to go on a long train trip and took a taxi with my daughter to the train station. It's not a long distance, maybe 15 minutes. The taxi driver was a really nice guy and in a very good mood and I was as well as I was excited about the trip. He started chatting and mentioned Amsterdam. "I come from Amsterdam" I said, and then the conversation really got going. He had lived in Amsterdam for 20 years, spoke quite a bit of Dutch as well.  His kids were born there. He came here in 2005. I think he was Indian, but not sure.

He was such a nice guy and for me to actually get a taxi driver that lived in my hometown for so long is not something I would expect. I rarely go by taxi by the way. It was a shame the trip was so short as we could have carried on chatting. I gave him a big tip, because he really made my day. And I think I made his as well. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Foxes can be a bit tricky to handle Emb, so better watch yourself. Cat LOL

Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

*quickly changes subject*

That's a nice story, Harriet. You were lucky. I usually get Taxi drivers who want to witter on endlessly about football. *groans*

Mister EMB

Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

That's lovely, Wilson! A beautiful flower, flowering because it's been nurtured. What could be nicer??

Photobucket

Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

IT MAKES ME SMILE!!!!,,,, when people turn around in a queue and smile at me instead of just look away. Or start to chat even if i dont know them.

Animals make me smile,,,my cat makes me smile and i love her. Sometimes i just take it for granted that shes there!!!.heart

Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rose, we all take a lot of things for granted and we forget how blessed we really are. And the whole point of this 30 day experiment is to start to appreciate those things much more than we normally do. We might do it on occasion, but the game is to do it every day and on purpose, simply because it's a whole lot more joyful to focus on things that please us.

So appreciate your cat all the time, appreciate the plants in your garden, the rain, the sun, etc...find those things in people you can appreciate instead of looking for the things that you don't like in them.

There will hopefully be a knock on effect in doing this and I am really curious to see how it will affect the people who take this challenge serious.

Doing it still has to be fun though. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

I came on here and found my 35 year old house plant is a Clivia Lily   !!  it flowers about 3 times a year......its in an east facing window sill and I have grown little ones from the seed heads which have taken 2 years to mature on the stalk and produce a miniature plant when ready (well, mine did ! )

Two grandsons and a granddaughter visited today.........this put my normally morose husband in a good mood so a RESULT !

The log fire is keeping me warm tonight.

Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

Hello Harry! Lovely thread....! Today, I looked out of my window and saw a little gang of Redpolls on my bird feeders. That's the first time since last Summer, so it gave me a lift. Also, going through some old papers I found a poem written for me by my daughter when she was about 9 years old, full of love and so sweet. She is now 48 years old.....so glad I found it.

Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Astro. heart

Good to see you again. Smiley Happy

A very good friend of mine came round tonight and she gave me a beautiful wall lamp, very expensive (she is a lighting consultant), and not something I could afford to buy myself. I'm really chuffed. Smiley Happy

I'm getting ready to go to see my mum in Holland. I'm leaving on Saturday. We're going by boat and will be back on the 16th, so a real nice break. Just my husband and me. He won a holiday at work in December, and we could pick where we wanted to go within the limits of course of the money they allocated. Not a difficult choice as it wasn't near enough to have a proper foreign holiday, but more than enough to go to my mum's by car and boat. We will have a luxury cabin and we are really looking forward to the trip and the visit. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

I feel good today as a lovely friend of mine has got a job with me so we will be doing some work together. We have a similar sense of humour so its made me happier now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Woman Happy

Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going on holiday tomorrow. I hope that some of you will continue the experiment whether you post things on here or not.

I'll be back on the 16th. Have a good time. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

Enjoy your holiday, Harry.

I enjoyed a couple of days in Bournemouth, although it was sadly for a funeral, it was nice to see family.

Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

Sun is out today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i feel good about that.

Woman Happy

Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

Have a nice time in Amsterdam, Harriet. Keep away from that awful Reeperbahn though. I'd hate to see a photograph of you in the Daily Star, posing and preening in some window.  *sniggers behind hand*

Mister EMB

Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent