DO YOU HAVE A BOOK QUESTION?

Hi all, pippy_oak here, posting under my brand new user name. Hopefully, Richard will pin this thread, as it seems a nice tidy place to pose specific questions about a book (Is it a 1st edition, what's it worth, where to find it etc. etc.) Don't just come here with a question. If you think you have the answer, then let's hear it.

Or we could just mooch around and learn a few things.

Cheers

Paul

Message 1 of 1,680
See Most Recent
1,679 REPLIES 1,679

It's sad because I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I don't know, ... these chaps lure you onto this thread and then, when you've got a perfectly valid question, they all disappear!

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 161 of 1,680
See Most Recent

You often get multiple entries on Addall, because that's what it is -- a summation of all the book-listing sites. If a seller lists a book on more than one site (which they usually do) all the listings will appear on Addall.
Message 162 of 1,680
See Most Recent

147victoria
thank you Mr M~H~B I had scrolled up and down the page as I was sure I was seeing things.
Message 163 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Thank you YL, I hadn't realised that.

Message 164 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Good Morning

A quick question for you book experts!

I have 4 volumes of The Correspondence of George, Prince of Wales, 1770-1812 (I have volumes 1, 2, 3 & 5)The publishing dates vary from 1963 (volume 1) to 1968 (volume 5)

They are all harcover, no dust jackets & the covers are pretty grubby, with some spotting & general marks. The insides are all in good condition with no missing or torn pages. In addition all the pages look to be clean & unmarked, & there are some black & white photo plates in each, along with a fold-out family tree of The Hanoverians inside each back cover.

Following the advise on this thread I have searched them on addall & found 1 volume for sale in the US for $50. Can anybody advise me on how best to sell these?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joanne
Message 165 of 1,680
See Most Recent

There are actually 8 volumes in the complete set.

There are 25 various combinations available on ABE from $25 for volume 8 to almost $1,000 for the complete set.

Have to chance it to luck.

You could always try to complete your set.

. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 166 of 1,680
See Most Recent

6996carol
Right are there any born again christian books around?+ people.carol
Message 167 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Thanks for your help sigmapsidelta - have had a look on ABE & there are loads on there!

Might test the waters by listing one & see how it goes - they were free (found in a flat I used to live in) so nothing to lose!

Thanks again

Joanne
Message 168 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Not sure 'born again Xristians' are capable of stringing a sensible sentence together, let alone writing books.

I thought there was supposed to be only one 'born again Xristian' and he supposedly shoved the rock aside and left the tomb under his own steam.

It is all, clearly, an early fantasy novel.

Personally I would put more store in David Eddings' 10 volume series about 7 thousand years of the wars of gods and men - every bit as fictional as mass religions, but far far better written and massively more believable.

. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Whomever you may murder, there's no police like Holmes.
Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 169 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Bump

Message 170 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Manor House in particular, but anyone else who sells on alternative site.

Have loads of books not sold on eBay. Am considering 'on', 'up' or 'down' The River - is this the best alternative? Thinking costwise.

Message 171 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Listing on the river is free, so the only cost is your overhead. Your best option is for post-1969/70 books with an ISBN. Just type in the ISBN in the search box and see what the competition is like. If there are hundreds listed at 1p, then you have a firelighter, but you may be lucky. Just make sure you have done your sums on postage allowance seller's fees etc., or it can be an expensive mistake.
Message 172 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Okay. Who gave up on Guy Boothby?

I just lost a watcher.

:_|

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 173 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Thanks for your help, Manor House. Will bear all that in mind.
Message 174 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Not me, Steve, it's still in my watches, but remember to discount me as a potential buyer! 🙂 How many wathcers has it got?

What other sites do people sell on, ... is it really only on the river? Are some sites better for certain types of books?

I've never tried, but can you contact a seller on the river? I found my copy of Mullion through the old Bookfinder (or was it Bookseeker) site, which seems to have been absorbed into the river site.

Message 175 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Just took a look at the 'A' place. Seems to have fees coming out of the woodwork all over.

No listing fee, but 86p plus 17.25% of the selling price. Then some kind of very iffy fee on P&P costs.

How does it work with medium size books that have the seller taking a header on postage every sale?

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 176 of 1,680
See Most Recent

It had 7 watchers, Mrs Bee.

Now down to 6.

Assuming two of them are the bidders so far, if four people from the books board are watching it would appear to have reached its peak.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 177 of 1,680
See Most Recent

Now I'm well and truly confused. What I took to be the river is, I think, what Steve is referring to as the 'A' place. Could someone - not too obliquely cos I'm a bit slow on the uptake) give me a clue as to what site I'm looking for - a bit up the creek at the minute. 😞
Message 178 of 1,680
See Most Recent

There is a very long river in South America called the A__z_n. It runs through a rain forest, also called the _m_zon.

There was once, according to legend, a race of female warriors who, in order to be able to draw a bowstring to its fullest, had their left breasts removed. They were known as Am_zons.

Why do eBay object to that word. Surely they can't be scared of competition? If so, why is there more than one seller on their site? Two is competition.

Amazon. amazon A m A z O n nozama AMAZON.

See, not scary at all.

:-)

Bye, post.

Σ Ψ Δ
σ ψ δ
Message 179 of 1,680
See Most Recent

I know that Steve. Well, I obviously don't else I wouldn't be asking. But, I read your response to Victoria's query, looked on A.....N (always hated Hangman) but couldn't see anywhere to 'sell'.

Go on, say it......:-x

Message 180 of 1,680
See Most Recent