complaints

How do I make a complaint to eBay?

Message 1 of 110
See Most Recent
109 REPLIES 109

complaints

There isn't a Complaints Department. You can ask on here regarding any unresolved Problem.

Message 2 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

That's suprising.  What sort of business doesn't have a complaints department?
Message 3 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

it depends on what you want to complain about,

what problem are you having that you need to make a complaint about?

Message 4 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

I want to complain about the quality of their service.

Message 5 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

An un regulated one where sellers loose there money to scams every day , its called E bay .

Message 6 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

what service?

ebay are a selling platform, they don't offer much in the way of service!

what has actually happened?

Message 7 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

papso22
Experienced Mentor

@james56038 wrote:

How do I make a complaint to eBay?

You write to the address given in the user agreement. 

Message 8 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

I want to explain about the way their system works.  It has led to a problem, needlessly in my opinion.

Message 9 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

Which presumably you don't know any better than I do?

Message 10 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

what problem?

Message 11 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

No one here has been able to give details so perhaps they really don't have a complaints department.  Pretty shocking really.

Message 12 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

part of the T&C's we all agree to when we sign up, states we agree to abide by ebays rulings, so they have no need of a complaints dept!

Message 13 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

@james56038 wrote:

I want to explain about the way their system works.  It has led to a problem, needlessly in my opinion.

You can send your feedback about the 'system' here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/unsolicited-idea-submissions-policy?i... 

It might help you feel better, but nothing will happen. 

Condragulations, you are the winner of this week's challenge!
Message 14 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

@james56038 wrote:

Which presumably you don't know any better than I do?

I might! Who knows if you won't tell us what the issue actually is.

Message 15 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

I might know the answer too!  Most problems are due - not to eBay - but to the sellers and buyers themselves not understanding the eBay system. 

Many of the people who post on eBay feel that - in general - it is a good place to buy and sell and we give advice to help members get problems sorted out.   I have been on eBay for a very long time.  I have bought many many items and have never had a single problem.  I have sold items that I had no further use for and - complying with ebay's rules - have had no problems.  I have never needed to leave negative feedback. 

@james56038 

Message 16 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

Complaint Email: support@ebay.co.uk Get verified information about eBay complaints email & Phone number. If you need to make a complaint to the eBay, call 0345 355 3229. If you wish to take matters further, a range of contact options are shown on the website. Call the eBay complaints line on 0345 355 3229.

Message 17 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

@james56038 wrote:

No one here has been able to give details so perhaps they really don't have a complaints department.  Pretty shocking really.

Perhaps complaints are dealt with by an internal department or by customer services. 

Most companies I know of don't have a complaints department. One of my previous employers had one, most did not. 

Its kinda an early 20th century concept that has fallen out of favour. Staff whose job it is to deal with complaints.... a major waste these days. 

As for ebay processes visible to sellers - many of us have experienced them and may well agree with you how bad particular problems are. 

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass.
Dogen
Message 18 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

@a_good_night_in wrote:

Complaint Email: support@ebay.co.uk Get verified information about eBay complaints email & Phone number. If you need to make a complaint to the eBay, call 0345 355 3229. If you wish to take matters further, a range of contact options are shown on the website. Call the eBay complaints line on 0345 355 3229.

Do you have first hand experience of that email or phone number actually working? EBay have not answered any phones since the pandemic began,  to my knowledge.  

Message 19 of 110
See Most Recent

complaints

That number was the pre pandemic customer service number.  No longer answered and no longer published on the site.  

Message 20 of 110
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: