Why won't eBay fix bugs. Are they incompetent or just don't care for small businesses?

I have had this problem for over 18 months and reported it many times now.

When I revise a listing it automatically ticks excluded locations losing me potential customers. I have checked my settings and no locations are excluded. I had to do a revision (http thing) to all my listings, over 350 and when I submitted the revisions customers from the 

Channel Islands

Isle of Wight

Isle of Man

Scilly Isles

Scottish Highlands

Scottish Islands

Northern Ireland

were excluded from purchasing.

Sales have dropped over 30% since this technical problem as it excludes a lot of customers especially N.I.

As if selling on eBay isn't hard enough already.

I've reported it several times over the last 18 months and always get the same response "I will pass this onto the relevant department". NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!!!

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Regards 

Martin 

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why won't eBay fix bugs. Are they incompetent or just don't care for small businesses?

Hi.

Thanks for the responses. I think I have finally solved it.

I've never had a sale from the Scilly Isles so I thought what the hell and I added it to excluded locations in my settings.

Did a listing revision and only the Scilly Isles were excluded.

Went back to settings unticked Scilly Isles.

Did a listing revision and at last no locations were excluded.

Hooray.

Anybody else have the same problem here's the solution I hope. Will find out in a minute as I have a few listings to revise.

Regards 

Martin 

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

I have not seen anyone report this here,  but this is definitely a question you should raise to the eBay Community Managers here,  who have a weekly chat every Wednesday between 2 p.m. an d 3 p.m.

See what their solution is,   they have direct access to your account,  and to eBay's tech teams.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

When you mention having checked your settings for exclusions, can I check if you also reviewed all the business policies to check that they have no exclusions in them?  I find a lot of folk trying to make changes on items individually which would be (better?) applied on their posting policies. 

Account Settings  -> Business Policies ... View - Postage

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Out of interest I had a random look at a few of your listings.

Your postage exclusions do vary from listing to listing but most of them exclude the domestic locations including the notebook you listed today.

Here's a few screenshots of the differences.

Screenshot_2024-04-27-11-02-54-998.jpegScreenshot_2024-04-27-11-02-38-092.jpegScreenshot_2024-04-27-11-03-47-893.jpeg

Have you tried ticking and unticking the areas on your exclude postage locations page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/prf/excludeRegions 

If you are lucky it might reset everything. 

Otherwise maybe the community team could help you.

marco@ebay  dave@ebay 

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

My Excluded settings are attached.

Regards 

Martin 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi.

They have never been set up.

See attached.

Regards 

Martin 

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi.

Thanks.

I forgot to untick them all on my last revision. It's what I have to do every time.

Regards 

Martin 

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

Out of interest I had a random look at a few of your listings.

Your postage exclusions do vary from listing to listing but most of them exclude the domestic locations including the notebook you listed today.

Here's a few screenshots of the differences.

Screenshot_2024-04-27-11-02-54-998.jpegScreenshot_2024-04-27-11-02-38-092.jpegScreenshot_2024-04-27-11-03-47-893.jpeg

Have you tried ticking and unticking the areas on your exclude postage locations page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/prf/excludeRegions 

If you are lucky it might reset everything. 

Otherwise maybe the community team could help you.

marco@ebay  dave@ebay 

Where do you see that the UK is excluded in those examples ? I dont see it, can you please point an arrow to it?

I noticed that page has changed & the UK now is shown alphabetically amongst the long list of other countries & no longer at the top as a separate line as it used to .

It used to be " post to United Kingdom" in the first line as per your example 1, or "post to the United Kingdom & the following countries", then followed by "Exclusions", but the page now has changed completely & it only shows "Post to" & "Exclusions"  & the "post to United Kingdom" first line have been removed - is that what you're referring to ?:

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 13.09.13.png

Not sure if this is coincidence but my international sales gone dead 2 months ago where before I used to have at least 1 international sale a day (GPS).

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Please ignore my post above I misunderstood the problem,  

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi.

This is the technical problem.

My settings

Xclude.jpg

Make listing

Xclude3.jpg

Make a revision

Xclude4.jpg

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Thank you for raising this, we will pass it onto the relevant team, 2 months go by, any update as this si still and issue, sorry no we havent heard back, somebody else then mentions it 2 months time, we have been told there is no issue, fast forward 6/12 months and we are now being contacted by the shipping team as they have finally admitted there are having issues. As much as I want to believe the community team are passing the faults over their are either giving the reports to the completely wrong team, I spoke to a shipping manager yesterday who said he was only told about the EDD being incorrect recently, or they are not passing them over.

Add in the reporting issues, AGS not accepting listing as qualifying for TRS (I had to basically chase the team myself as the community team said they dont qualify even though I had customer service and AGS managers saying they should and many other issues on the site. 

I honestly think eBay has an issue with layers of management not passing info correctly and the biggest issue being staff dont use the site, so they never know the real issues.

I do think they care but it takes way too long and way too much effort from eBay customers trying to highlight the issues to be fixed before you get somebody who can sort it, it should be mentioned on a Wednesday, a genuine manager with power gets told Thursday morning and problem solving started Thursday afternoon, with a reply saying this has been passed to this team and this person is now on the fix, then once its fixed another update saying this has been fixed and thank you for highlighting the issue.

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

That is truly weird.

Hopefully Marco or Dave will see they've been tagged and offer you some help.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Hi.

Thanks for the responses. I think I have finally solved it.

I've never had a sale from the Scilly Isles so I thought what the hell and I added it to excluded locations in my settings.

Did a listing revision and only the Scilly Isles were excluded.

Went back to settings unticked Scilly Isles.

Did a listing revision and at last no locations were excluded.

Hooray.

Anybody else have the same problem here's the solution I hope. Will find out in a minute as I have a few listings to revise.

Regards 

Martin 

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Congratulations on mending the problem yourself.

Shame eBay didn't help you 18 months ago!

I did suggest trying ticking and unticking boxes.

It's the equivalent of IT saying have you tried turning it off and on again.😁

I've looked at some of your listings again and none of them exclude UK regions.

I hope they stay that way for you.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: