Sort & Filter not working

Today I cannot sort or filter the Ebay listings of any sellers. The option is there but the menu doesn't actually appear. 

I've tried via two different Ebay accounts on both phone apps and desktop browsers but have the same problem. Ebay will simply not let me sort listings by (for example) "most recent". 

Is this a website glitch or have I received a shadow restriction? 

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

plum993
Experienced Mentor

There has been an issue with this all day for many members, and ebay are aware and looking into it

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Has this been announced somewhere by eBay themselves? Like on a status page or something?

I haven't been able to find any thing from them, only lots of confused folks posting in the member-to-member section with the same reponse from "Mentors" that it's being looked into.

It's been borked since late last night/early this morning. Very frustrating!

EDIT: I found this status page (https://www.ebay.co.uk/sts) but it says everything is all just fine & dandy......Well that's a load of *bleep*!

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Having same issue, when selecting filter option, just keeps buffering, no actual menu!

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

The problem is STILL occuring 12-15 hours later. 

I spent 20 mins chatting with an agent who just kept asking for screenshots. What is the point of trying to screenshot a page that freezes and won't load? 

Ebay then phoned & messaged me saying there had been unauthorised access on my account (there hasn't) so made me reset my password. Anyway, I do this, and lo and behold, the SAME problem exists ie Ebay website freezes and won't let me search with filters or sort listings by date / price etc. 

Nor can I file feedback. I can fill in the comment and stars sections, but the blue "Leave Feedback" button has vanished. 

Come on Ebay, fix this! 

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Omg yes. The exact same has happened to me. I thought I was the only one!

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

I've had to use the Web version on mobile just to leave feedback. Which is not user friendly. But that's one work around to leaving feedback.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This is an issue on our side and our Tech Team are currently working on a fix. Ive added all the above accounts to the bug report and I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi, my app has been doing the same for the last week. I have ensured my phone is up to date, deleted and reinstalled the app. Restarted my phone.

If I go to a saved seller and try to sort or filter the box appears but with a loading symbol.

But if I search an item using the search bar I can sort and filter. So the issue is with saved sellers within my account?

On my selling page there are issues also telling me I have items to post but I don't, the feedback box is not working normally, there are lots of glitches at the moment.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

ive got the same issue fun fun 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi @brightpulsestore 

Unfortunately I don't have an update on this one but can you post a screenshot of where you're seeing the issues so I can attach it to the bug report.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved now. I haven't seen any new reports but if you're still not seeing the filters can you please take a screen shot and share it here so I can escalate it. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: