Missing messages - some only visible via the "updated" interface

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Having been alerted to arrival of an eBay message via an email alert I logged into eBay-> Messages (original) to deal with it only to find there was nothing there.  Fine, I thought, must be some spam or trickster, but on closer inspection it was just a simple query to a message I had sent to a buyer a few days ago.

Just on the off-chance I switched from the original (working) Messages UI to the new "updated" UI [the one with a big list of coming features] and, low and behold, I could then see the reply.

Is anyone else having "fun" with messaging? 

I was wondering if this a subtle way of encouraging folk to shift to the new UI, or maybe just a synchronisation bug, or something else??

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Messages sent by me today do NOT appear in the "All" list on the old Ebay "Classic" messaging platform. They DO appear in the new messaging platform. THIS IS A BUG!!!

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Do you know the source of the message (which was visible only on the new User Interface and not the old one), i.e. was it from another eBay user or from eBay themselves?  Do we know if it originated from the APP (android or iOS) or from the web browser client?? 

I can try to reproduce it if I have time later this week - when I tried some months back it was seemingly transient, or at the very least inconsistent. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi littleboyblue45,

Thank you for your response.

Message was sent by/from me, replying with reply button to an Ebay seller/member, using a laptop with a Firefox browser.

Message together with the entire thread history now appears in my Ebay "Sent" box.

My Ebay "Inbox" still has only the partial thread i.e. minus that one reply.

Perhaps this was just a one-off glitch. If anyone else is caught wondering whether or not their reply has been sent to a seller, ask whether or not they received your reponse using the "Contact Seller" button on your "Account Summary" page, as I did. This will start a new thread.

I'll close this topic now, if I can, with thanks again to littleboyblue45,

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: