Intellectual Property violation - CREE Please help

Good afternoon all,

I, have no doubt many others, been served with a summons from US - "The Brickell IP Group" for  use of the name CREE in  listings. The listing in question has been removed by Ebay and there is now no trace of it.

My company along with 500 others have been listed as being in breach. I have read that this "lawyer" is allegedly not very wholesome but I am nonetheless slightly concerned.

Does anyone else have experience of a similar situation ?

I have replied to this email (possibly an error) stating the listing has been removed and that there are no other mentions. I also said that we do actually use CREE's products in our products. .

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience or help on this matter please? 

Many thanks

Aidan

Brightside

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

It may help you to read this current thread.

Solved: Re: Lawsuit from USA for an eBay item - UK eBay Community

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Thank you very much. I have sent a message requesting some info..

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

any updates with this?

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

No replies yet. I only have one listing with the offending word in it and don't sell muchof that item, I'm still concerned though. I do have a liability insurance policy as I sell a lot on Amazon US. 

It's a shame Ebay don't have the same level of protection as Amazon has with regards to IP violation. Their algorithm suspends listings that are in violation until they are amended. My Ebay listing was taken down in the last couple of days by Ebay.

Hopefully Ebay will take heed. 

I'll keep this thread updated as and when I hear anything.

Thanks

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

is there a deadline to respond? ebay removed one of my listings also - just for using the brand name. my biggest worry is that i will loose my ebay account.

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Good evening all, Following my reply earluer to the lawsuit email, I have had a reply from "Rick" who is the lawyer involved with the case. This is his reply: 

Hi Aidan,

Please find attached a copy of the evidence supporting our client’s claim of infringement, and please advise if your client is willing to extend an initial offer to resolve this matter. 

Thank you,

Rick

I tried calling him to see what on earth he would expect as an offer there is no reply. (- I'm not putting anything in writing -).  I have onlt sold 96 of these items in total. I've absolutely no idea what he would expect as an offer. I'll wait until I get some advice from the Ebay group and see if there is an easy way to progress.

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please update me if they settle or how you have resolved this. 

I have a similar issue - It is totally unfair. 

There is another thread on here that has a group/community with really really helpful infomration. 

I joined it yesterday, and I'm trying to find more people in the same situaion as me so we can work a way through this.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am potentially in the same issue as you - We need to all discuss a way around this. 

Its totally unfair - and I have not knowlingly done this. 

One member on another eBay forum is very helpful .

Get in touch with  "lord_and_lady_m" or look at there comments on this matter in other threads. 

We need to activly communicate about this - Please do get in touch with other memebers/myself.

Update each other whenever we hear anything, and join the discord group. There is good good info in there.

Make a cuppa, sit down and read the chat

Regards
M

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Don't mess around with some self important little court house. Instead, contact CREE Lighting direct and clarify if this 'Plaintiff' is operating for and on behalf of them or, their parent Ideal Industries. It may be news to them. 

But read first: https://cree.widen.net/s/snljtzdhsq/cree-lighting-brand-guidelines-2020

Contact: https://www.creelighting.com/resources/general-form/

Or contact CREE on Facebook < Yes they are 'social'

Here is a list of trademarks of Cree Lighting. Quite a rabbit hole for the A.I. scrape bots to find infringements.

https://cree.widen.net/s/7jwjp5txqd/cree-lighting-trademarks

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

the fact that ebay has already been legally ordered to remove listings and freeze accounts based on the lawsuit means that it is a real threat regardless of who is behind it. i think the biggest issue for most would be losing their ebay account.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi - can you share the thread you saw the onformation on please?

Thanks

A

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Obviously you can tke legal advice or speak to CAB but -

“willing to extend an initial offer to resolve this matter.”.

Simply doing that is admitting liability.

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Anyone on this lawsuit, please contact me ASAP. Do not ignore it. We have a working group set up to get the ball rolling and hopefully avoid having your accounts suspended.

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

URGENT!

If you find yourself affected by this lawsuit (like myself)  you really must act!

Please message      lord_and_lady_m   who will direct you to the group working together on this.

Inaction is going to be awful if your ebay account is lost!

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

2e1e1e21eweqwewqeqweqw

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Hello,

we have lawsuit as well in USA Amazon. do you have any advice for us ? 

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi Zeth any update on the lawsuit , just had my email arrive today . 

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Hi, Can you Please tell how this Cree lawsuit ended if it has ended.

Same is going on now.

In January/February I trying to sell a single drop-in imported from China in 2012 (item did not sell) and now they want me to pay USD3.500 as an first time infringer.

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: