EBAY SYSTEM NOT ACCEPTING BID INPUTS

I've had many issues in the last week or two where I've put in my bid amount (higher than current obviously) and I keep getting the response that my bid is not higher than the current, when it clearly is.  I keep repeating the same amount and get the same repsonse of being too low.  After a few tries of putting in the same amount it will eventually accept it. 

It seems to be mainly (only?) if I'm bidding on US $ sales.  I've lost out on a few wins because of this.

VERY FRUSTRATING guys!

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

The bid you see may not be the highest bid placed by that bidder.

For example you may be seeing $10 , you put in a bid of $11.00 and it tells you it's not the highest bid.

That's because,  again for example,  the $10 bidder has actually put in a bid of $20 which will not show until it is equalled or beaten.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Sorry but maybe I didn't make the problem clear.....  I put in the SAME amount time after time and it tells me it isn't high enough.  I do this for a few times and eventually it will accept the SAME amount

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I should have put an example in.  Last night I put in a bid of $66 as my high bid and the current was around $37.  The response was my bid wasn't high enough but the current stayed at $37.  I put in $66 each time and eventually it was accepted as $66 and I was the highest bidder.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

i love the way ebay thinks we are dimwits look at the feedback scores of people complaining / the whole bidding system is up the creek iv had high  bids id entered cleared from bidding box,when a new much lower  bid comes in on items in last seconds ..that and 5 second discrepency bid and end time counters difference .its crazy if they can be allowed to carry on running auctions when theres obvious technical issue with their selling platform.tho i suspect they created it first place .

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

your bid has to be a full increment higher than the bid showing

Untitled.png
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

If you see message 4 that will explain better perhaps - it's nothing to do with increments

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

It's still doing this and I've just had 5 attempts to input the SAME amount and eventually it accepted it.  Again it is a USD$ sale

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Exactly the same thing just happened to me - put in a bid of $117 and was told I'd been outbid. The winning bid was $71. What is eBay doing about this?

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

It's not just the States.  It's just happened to me on two Ebay auctions in the UK.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

EBAY BID SOFTWARE BOROKEN AGAIN!  That is totally brain dead because the seller is looking for the highest bid, the buyer bids is placed then in anticipation of the bid going up bids again. Yet the auction is accepted at the lower bid. Cheating the seller out of the higher bid actually offered!

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: