Guides for sellers to use UKCA/UKNI and CE markings:

Dear Sellers,

This season’s Seller Update focuses on new features and tools designed to help you run your business, solidify your brand, and build connections with buyers so they’re more likely to do business with you again.

Following the UK’s departure from the EU, the UK now has its own domestic regulations covering most goods previously subject to the EU’s CE marking. The CE marking shows that these products meet EU safety, health or environmental requirements. It’s important you prepare your business for these changes so you can continue to sell your items in the Great Britain (GB) and Northern Ireland (NI) markets.

Find out more

Please refer to the link above to view further information on this topic. By doing this, many questions can often be clarified in advance.

We would also like to ask you to stay on the topic with the discussion, as we will remove deviating contributions—according to our community guidelines.

Kind Regards,

eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I mainly sell second hand toys. I have read in various online business guides that second hand toys do not need to be labelled with the UKCA mark although they must still be safe. I can find nothing about this though in the guidance notes you have provided. I was wondering if you could clarify this for me?

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi @mysterious_cities_of_mold ,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm going to link in with the relevant team to get clarification on this. Once I get further information I will come back to you.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

I just want to add that I saw the following extract on the www.businesscompanion.info website giving information about selling second hand toys – 

"Second-hand toys

Toys that are second-hand are covered by the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 - rather than the Toys (Safety) Regulations 2011 - and as such do not need to be labelled with the UKCA mark or the address of the manufacturer / importer, although they must still be safe. The special warnings and instructions (see above) are required for both second-hand and new toys.

You are advised to only sell second-hand toys that are UKCA marked, contain any relevant instructions or warnings and have been checked for any obvious faults."

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi @mysterious_cities_of_mold ,

This is correct and this is the link I have been given with the information that we have regarding the markings and second had toys. 

While they do not need to be labelled with the UKCA mark they must still be safe and will still need to have special warnings and instructions. The warnings and instructions part is contained in that guide here

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent