Is the way you are paid direct to your bank account instead of using PayPal genuine,

The way sellers are paid is changing, you can know get paid direct to your bank account, is this genuine and worthwhile, I know this will save 2% so for every £100 you will gain £2 is it worth it, also as a friend of mine is on disability due to the fact he is in a wheelchair and uses eBay all legit as its his business and now that the government can check bank accounts due to people fiddling there benefits, he is worried that this new system will cause him problems is this true, any advice would be great just to put his mind at rest, I've told him he doesn't have to do this and still use PayPal but if a yo e has an answer it would be great cheers, keep selling and stay safe. 

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Is the way you are paid direct to your bank account instead of using PayPal genuine,

EBay is transferring all Sellers to Managed Payments. Your Friend will be too.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

why do you think you will gain 2%?

when you are moved over to managed payments the ebay fee increases,

so, you won't be paying a processing fee to paypal, you will just be paying it to ebay instead

everyone will be moved over to managed payments eventually, you don't get a choice

if your friend isn't 'fiddling' he has nothing to worry about

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi

You can read all about managed Payments in this Ebay link

Ebay are basically ditching Paypal for sellers

Introducing managed payments on eBay | eBay

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Thanks for reply, so by going over you gain nothing just pay extra to ebay, I think

@pixiesen2012 wrote:

why do you think you will gain 2%?

when you are moved over to managed payments the ebay fee increases,

so, you won't be paying a processing fee to paypal, you will just be paying it to ebay instead

everyone will be moved over to managed payments eventually, you don't get a choice

if your friend isn't 'fiddling' he has nothing to worry about

So basically ebay will get the 2% instead of PayPal that's 12% in total we gain nothing thanks eBay, I think I will start using another platform to sell thanks again

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

My. Friend isn't fiddling anything its a genuine business, a lot of people on benefits are using eBay to get extra cash but 5he government can access your bank details to check finances that was my friends worry I've told him it should be fine thanks
Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

To be honest if someone is claiming benefits and also regularly selling on Ebay they probably must declare them as some benefit are based on income to my knowledge.

For the record we do not claim any benefits whatsoever 🙂

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

I wish people would read the posts, my friend is disabled so therefore entitled to claim benefits namely personal independant payment these are not means tested so it means you can still earn whether it be from eBay or a normal job but as he is in a wheelchair a normal job is out of the question, he is worried that the amount of transactions going into his bank accou t would caise suspicion as apposed to one single payment every monh when he transfers from paypal, I really am sorry I asked the question, as it has got me nowhere, it was basically a word of warning to those ebay sellers that are claiming benefits

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I understood what you were saying. Not sure theres any need for people to get grotty. 

I am trying to gleen more about this change myself as I haven't had any comms from Ebay, so I didn't realise this move was mandatory. I had hoped the community page would enlighten me. I will be digging a bit deeper but I think I will probably end up calling Ebay to get the lowdown.

I don't like change 😞

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Hello,

I called Ebay and they say they are emialing invites at random to encourge users to transfer over to Managed Payments, and that this is mandatory for all customers by the end of the year. Reason being, they want to bring it in-house so they can look after their customers (sellers and buyers alike) instead of relaying on Paypal to step into the breach should customers have any issues. I didn't get an email but noticed on the mobile app on the selling tab, a message to update bank details in preperation for payments changing. 

The fees are slightly different  - 12.8% plus 30p (Paypal is 12.9% + 30p) . I noticed the lady above has left a link, so I will be swating up a bit more before moving over. I'm sure people will get used to it and it will be fine. 

Not sure if any of that is helpful to you or anyone reading. 🙂

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent