Ebay has refunded the buyer and I have not recived my product back and am being told to pay ebay !

Hi Guys ,

Please can you help , I am new to selling on ebay and just sold a phone wich was around £80 , the phone was recived by buyer and he opened a case on my stating it was not as discribed , I showed evidance that the case was false as I had everyting covered in my listing and the buyer messaged to confirm the details in messages. Not only this the case went on and my money was not relased , I spoke to ebay customer service and they advised to wait to recive product before giving a refund. Insted 5 days before I am supposed to escalte this case as I did not recive anything ebay reinbursed the buyer , he kept my product and ebay is asking me to pay them back ! 

Litreally feel like iv been robbed  , here !

How can I get my money back ?

View Entire Topic
tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Sorry, but you have done this wrong.

Ebay never see item, but always believe buyer.

If buyer opens case for not as described, you issue returns label through case, refund in full on return.

As you obviously didn't issue label, ebay stepped in & refunded buyer with your money & they keep item.

You could message buyer & offer to send paypal payment to cover return postage, but can't force them to.

Ebay is biased to buyers & not interested in seller's side of case.