My listing keep getting taken down wrongly

HI,

My listings keep getting removed.

I keep being told that the trainers I am selling are counterfeit, this is not the case. 

I even take pictures of the trainer label, the boxes with item ID.

I am a collector of trainers and have sold hundreds of pairs and have never had any negative feedback for selling fake items. I am now finding that everything I list gets taken down.

I suspect I have a person reporting my listings due to personal reasons.

I have spent all day listing items today and had many others to go up, but everything I have listed thus far has been taken down. It is ridiculous.

Why can't there be simple dispute option rather than everything being removed and then we find ourseleves chasing ghosts to seek a resolution.

Trying to get a resolution is near impossible. 

Thanks,

Malcolm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi Malcolm.

Ebay don't usually remove listings on another ebayer's say-so. They would have had to receive several complaints from totally different buyers to remove even one listing. So it seems to me that the listings have been removed at the request of the brand owner, a request which Ebay must legally comply with. Click on the VeRO link at the foot of the page for full information.

Many brand owners do not allow their products to be sold on Ebay, or by anyone who is not licensed to sell them. You say you're a collector, but most of the trainers you're currently selling are listed as 'brand new'. That is not how private collections should be sold, and may be why you're having this problem.  Anything that you're selling from a collection amassed over the years is not 'brand new'.

@eight16 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/pages/help/sell/contextual/condition_1.html

If an item is "as bought" it can be considered to be brand new in original packaging,no matter how long ago it was purchased.

Collectors of many items that are brand new in original packaging look specifically for items like this no matter the items age,the older it is and condition always commands a higher price.

NIP springs to mind.

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

If you keep on ignoring listing policy violation warnings it won't be long before you're permanently banned from selling on eBay.

EBay has an agreement (VERO) with the brand rights owner to remove any listings they report as infringing their rights to their brand name.

Some years ago a court order in France required eBay to pay over 38 million euros in damages for failing to do enought to prevent brand name misuse. You will understand why eBay takes these reports very seriously.

EBay isn't going to argue with the brand name owners. By comparison, your account is completely unimportant to them. Don't even think about relisting items that have been reported.