If a seller replies to negative feedback someone has left them, can they still get it removed later?

A fellow seller friend has been left negative feedback.

The feedback states there was some damage to the item which is technically true, but the item was fully working and the listing included pictures plus fully described the issues (and it was priced well below similar undamaged items to compensate for the faults). The buyer also wrote 'SCAM' at the end of the feedback, but clearly it wasn't a scam at they got the item, exactly as described. My friend offered a full refund etc just to settle them down (even though he feels he's in the right), but they got abusive, refused, and then left the neg.

Normally this is the sort of thing I'd just recommend calling eBay about, as any sensible rep will remove this feedback (been there, done that lol). But obviously with Covid that isn't an option right now.

My question is, with CS phone help down my friend has had to resort to the live chat... and they've been worse than useless. My friend is worried about having this (false) accusation on his feedback, so wants to reply to it (to give his side), but I'm worried that once it's been replied to eBay may not remove it (once their phone service is up and running again - who knows when that will be).

Has anyone had feedback removed after they've replied to it? Or does someone have any other ideas on how to sort this issue? 

Thanks 🙂

UPDATE: I haven't found an answer to my original question, but my friend managed to get in touch with eBay via Live Chat today (2nd attempt, as the first time ended without any help from CS and them repeatedly saying 'we can't remove it') and had the feedback removed - guess all is well that ends well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

any sensible rep will remove this feedback

Oh no they won't! That's wishful thinking.

Ebay does NOT remove feedback because the seller claims it's unfair, or they offered a refund.

EBay removes feedback only if it contravenes their specific feedback policies, see:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

and

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/private/feedback#negative

Otherwise, the only way your friend will get it removed is if they can resolve matters with the buyer, then send them a feedback revision request.

If live chat can't/won't help then what hope would you have if speaking to someone in the Philipinnes. Unless Feedback breaches the rules then it would not be removed, so leave a reasoned but brief reply. Something perhaps along the lines of "Full refund offered before fb left, but declined by buyer". That says it all and anyone reading it can draw their own conclusions about the buyer. There would be no reason why it could not be raised with ebay if and when you can get through, but as said hopes of removal are virtually nil.