I wasn’t happy with buyer feedback or address so I refunded the money from PayPal but still being ch

I wasn’t happy with the buyers feedback and the address and names looked suspicious so I refunded the money from PayPal the next day. I’ve just had an invoice from eBay for 10% of the final figure. How can I stop this ?? Thanks 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You cannot I'm afraid.   You cannot simply "decide" not to deliver something.  It's also "possible" that if the buyer opens a case for non-delivery you will refund again. Horror!

Though for £1000+ I caan understand your reticience; scammer magnet!  Some things are better not being sold on eBay!

@richardmaverick 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

you have to pay the fees,

ebay found you a buyer after all,

if you had cancelled the sale through ebay properly through ebay you may have got the fees refunded

You don't say what was suspicious about the address, but you could have cancelled using the reason "problem with Buyer's address" . That would have got the selling fee refunded and no defect.

It is very unusual for a scammer to pay unless this was a hacked account.  Your "Standard Delivery" does attract scammers, don't you think for the value Special Delivery should be used. Royal Mail would not pay out on any claim if you use postage suitable for items of up to £20 in value.

@richardmaverick