a question about seller share% in regards to coupons

Hi 

Just got my  invited to the may 15% coupon clearance sale and though this is great its around my normal offer so ill put everything in that, then after uploading the template i noticed it was saying seller share 70% couldnt find anything about the fees for the coupon on the coupon guide so wanted to clarify. Does this mean ebay will take 30% of any sales through the coupon as basicly an advertising fee or am i completely misunderstanding this ?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah you've misunderstood thankfully, it means that if you sell an item for £100 then the buyer pays £85, but ebay fund 30% of the £15 so once the total have been tallied up and you pay your 70% share you owe eBay £10.50 as you get the full £100 when the buyer purchases. This also means that eBay charges fee's on the full £100 though, obviously would be easier if you only got the £85 and then eBay gave you the 30% 60 days later but that would result in eBay losing out on fee's.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Yeah you've misunderstood thankfully, it means that if you sell an item for £100 then the buyer pays £85, but ebay fund 30% of the £15 so once the total have been tallied up and you pay your 70% share you owe eBay £10.50 as you get the full £100 when the buyer purchases. This also means that eBay charges fee's on the full £100 though, obviously would be easier if you only got the £85 and then eBay gave you the 30% 60 days later but that would result in eBay losing out on fee's.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you for explianing just could not find a break down anywhere, im back to thinking this is a great idea again 🙂 everyday is a school day 🙂

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

How were you able to see the break down before uploading the items btw? Standard offers (all items) come with a contract but the upload versions I can never see a contract.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

i had completely the upload and was waiting on them being accepted when i spotted the seller share, thats what made me worry as there is nothing explianing it anywhere before you upload your items, i know i could still decline the contract which is why i really wanted to know what was happening before  i made a decision on that 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling tools related questions? Start here: