selling requirments on ebay

so when i press the sell button it takes me stright to the list an iteam

so you spend hours prepering your first listing all excited that you are almost done; they they trick you!

So with out going though that just wanted to know what the requirments are for selling hear first as it would appear site wants to keep this well hidden from us

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

@alexanderja-97 wrote:

so you spend hours prepering your first listing all excited that you are almost done; they they trick you!

So with out going though that just wanted to know what the requirments are for selling hear first as it would appear site wants to keep this well hidden from us

Thanks

Information on selling is hidden in plain sight under "Help" on every eBay page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081&st=3&pos=2&query=Start%20sell...

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

the link you provided, it mentions about Business sellers, but nothing about private sellers?

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

The link is the general one for selling,  it has links to everything you need to know.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@alexanderja-97 wrote:

Can you explain how you're being tricked?

So, you list your item and then click on the 'list with displayed fees' button to send your listing live and then what happens? 

Have you registered your bank account with eBay so that you can receive payments?

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Not sold before ? ... check that your account is updated for Selling including filing UK Banking details for sending/receiving monies using Managed Payments >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792#section3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=2&query=S...

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

no i have not registed a bank account with ebay; is that the trick?

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

so i guess this is the trick then after spending hours prpairing your first listing

Register for eBay to manage your payments

To sell on eBay, you must be registered for eBay to manage your payments. If you haven't signed up yet, you'll be guided through the registration process the next time you create a listing. Alternatively, you can register for eBay to manage your payments by updating your account settings.

Once you’ve registered, you can get back to selling items on eBay. Once you’ve completed registration, your item will be listed. You can also relist any items that are in your Unsold folder.

Until you complete registration, eBay reserves the right to start to restrict your ability to list, including, without limitation, restricting new listings, restricting changes to existing listings, or ending listings.

If you use third-party tools to help manage your listings, inventory, finances, or refunds, there should be no change in how you use those tools.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

It is not a "trick"

It is a requirement.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

@alexanderja-97 wrote:

so i guess this is the trick then after spending hours prpairing your first listing

You don't think it might have been sensible to do some research into how the site works before launching into listing?

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

if you reread my OP then you will or should be able to understand why it is a (marketing) trick

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

that is why i am hear1 trying to get some info on what is needed to become a seller to find out if it is for me or not before i fall for there dirty trick

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

@alexanderja-97 wrote:

that is why i am hear1 trying to get some info on what is needed to become a seller to find out if it is for me or not before i fall for there dirty trick

It's not a marketing trick, or any other trick, it's the way you get paid for selling on here!!!!

I don't think it's for you.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

it is a marking trick!!! to sell the the illusion of something that is so easy and free untill it comes to paying for it

Your right this place is not for me!

An example is was i got banned on hear before. you see i had an account hear before, and i had no bank, credit card or rip off paypal attahed to it what  so ever!

I used to bid and win auctions on reclaimed/ used building supplies and collect the iteams and pay cash on collection. Problem was that some on hear would use loops holes in the system to trick me, and of cource ebay would always take there side as it was "company policy" (with prejudice of cource)

So an example is i would win the auction on a door or a radiator for say 99p and would say "i will be round in a week to pick up" or something. or they would not even answer the message. so after 3 days of grase they would cancel the iteam and the scum at ebay would blame me for not paying for it within 3 days! because its ebays new "company policy".

Thanks for reading

See Ya!

Or unless you want to hear more storrys like How I got a CCJ aganst ebay

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

I think you need a cuppa & lie down before you embarass yourself further.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

So on a hemp tea fashion; this is a BS little site that one should avoid and just head down the car boot instead

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: