my buyers are all getting "The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days"

This is a new phenomenon, I have tested it with a 2nd account and its happening. Its caused a massive drop in multi-buy sales. Anyone else have this?

I had previously set this restriction for zero feedback buyers but not for everyone. I've removed the restriction but the problem persists.

A new eBay bug?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

my buyers are all getting "The seller only allows buyers to purchase 1 item every 10 days"

I had the same issue about a month or two ago. The support agent I spoke to said they'd seen it before and sorted it out, so would suggest you contact them. I did it over the live chat.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I've solved it myself by ending and relisting the offending items (about 2/3 of my listings).

Can't work out the common element but hey ho.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I've had a few buyers contact me about this now, on live chat to eBay as I write this but I don't seem to be getting very far with them... I've even messed with my buyer restriction settings but to no avail. 

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Quick fix is to end and relist, not ideal as you lose sales history. one of mine had 20k+ sold but better to start over than not have any multi-buys.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I've got a lot of listings that I've worked on for years, that would be a worst-case scenario for me if that's the only way to fix it... It's terrible that you had to do that

If you go to the page I've linked below, there's a "Manage buyer requirements activity log

I've got 8 pages of blocked buyer activity in the past 60 days, and 5 of the 8 pages are all since the 14th of February. There's certainly some kind of technical error at play here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

This has happened to me too. A couple of potential buyers have recieved the error message, and they certainly haven't bought anything from me in the last 10 days. Been on Ebay help but it just connects me to a chatbot (whatever that is) There is no option to speak to or even email a real person. I can't sell my items and yet Ebay are the ones stopping buyers making offers. It'd ridiculous. I would mark items as no longer available, but Ebay won't even let you mention other ways to buy things in messages. Well, I  guess Ebay won't be getting their 10% as I am unable to sell anything. Sort it out Ebay! X

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I have emailed Ebay about this. It is happening to so many sellers. Ebay can't get their 10% if nobody is allowed to buy anything! It is driving me mad, how is anyone supposed to sell when buyers get this message from Ebay. What a fiasco!

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Take a look in your Buyer Requirement Settings in your selling account:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Under: Buyer requirements

Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought X items in the last 10 days - Change as needed but don't forget to toggle the 'Apply above settings to active and future listings' button on (move right) below the settings and then 'Submit' to save the settings:-)

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi, this is happening to sellers all over Ebay. I have had the same problem. I am reporting it to BBC news. It's an outrage! X

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Reported this to BBC news. If anyone else wants to, the email is newswatch@bbc.co.uk 

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent