ebay money back guarantee

Money back guarantee a waste of time even with a picture of my item being deliverd to the wrong address ebay went with the seller and no refund.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Have you appealed their decision?

In the first instance a case will auto close if tracking shows as delivered, but a human will usually look at an appeal.

If you can get an email from the carrier stating that the item was delivered to somewhere other than your address, or a screenshot of the GPS location showing delivery as elsewhere <RM usually give this>, a photo, or google street view screen shot of your address against the delivery photo so the human can see the difference etc.. 

Failing that try contacting your credit card/bank/Paypal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/ip?topicId=4039&contextid=d614523a-e08b-4231-ad53-0506fd059a51:18d4a2464... 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

For somebody who doesn't know your address / colour of your front door etc, how clear is it from the photo / tracking information that the item has been delivered to the wrong location? For example, does the GPS deliery scan show a location at least 50 metres/yards from your address? Does the photo show an identifiable name/number on the door that doesn't match the address you provided on the purchase?

What you should do first is contact eBay, explain the relevant discrepancies and ask them to reverse their decision. If eBay still refuse then you will have to contact your bank/card provider to submit a chargeback.

I suspect that on first review eBay only check "is there tracking or not", because most claims for non-delivery are for no tracking update (item lost/stolen/returned to sender), so you will need to contact eBay to get them to actually look at the tracking.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I've had an instance of a delivery image that is not the buyer's property.  My buyer lives in a red brick house and has a letterbox (confirmed on Google street view) and the image shows a whitewashed wall with an exterior postbox.  There is no GPS on the delivery confirmation.

The same road name and house number, about 20 miles away, shows a whitewashed property.  Unfortunately it's not clear on Google whether there's an exterior postbox.

I replaced the item, and am currently fighting it out with RM.    

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: