eBay says parcel delivered but was only posted today - happening with lots of collections

I've been having a lot of issues recently with eBay order status saying delivered on the day that RM collected the item. 

I first thought it was a RM issue, but it now looks like a issue on eBay side.

Today 5 parcels collected by RM, the tracking on RM say parcel collected. 

However on eBay  if I view the tracking it says ordered delivered. This is confusing my customers. 

Anyone else having issues like this?

On eBay track package:

The item was delivered.

But then the last update is 6 Jan 2024 10:44am

COLLECTION RECORDED

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay says parcel delivered but was only posted today - happening with lots of collections

I was getting this quite often last year,It turned out my postmaster was imputting the parcels incorrectly then scanning agian, That ment it showed as delivered.

I have had it with collection but instead of the delivery being recorded the Post man had put them down on the system as not collected,when they had been,

Ive only had one buyer query it and they were fine when i explained it was due to being scanned incorectly.

Although it all worked out ok once the actual deliveries were made as the delivery dates were updated on the tracking.

Hopefully yours also updates once actual deliveries are made.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

I don't have a solution for you but I have had similar. Mine was with Evri though. Not only that but eBay messaged the buyers to tell them that the parcel had been delivered and signed for. Evri standard doesn't get signed for. The tracking on Evri site was accurate so it was just an eBay issue. 

The main problem is that then compels buyers to hit the Item Not Received. This will ding your account whether it's justified or not. So eBay are causing the issue and your account is at risk. If you get some INR claims I would go to customer services and request the removal of the dings (after you have sorted out all the buyer queries and fears).

Edit: I use Royal Mail for 99% of my items and I haven't had this issue myself for RM

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I was getting this quite often last year,It turned out my postmaster was imputting the parcels incorrectly then scanning agian, That ment it showed as delivered.

I have had it with collection but instead of the delivery being recorded the Post man had put them down on the system as not collected,when they had been,

Ive only had one buyer query it and they were fine when i explained it was due to being scanned incorectly.

Although it all worked out ok once the actual deliveries were made as the delivery dates were updated on the tracking.

Hopefully yours also updates once actual deliveries are made.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for the info. I'll log a ticket with RM as it's happened a few times and only for collected parcels. Maybe they are scanning it in incorrectly. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: