YODEL

Just read this on-line; YODEL 

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

YODEL

Yep - Parcel 2 Go have removed all compensation in the last hour for Yodel,  I called P2G thinking I had a glitch and she told me of their financial problems so spent the morning cancelling labels and rebuying on Evri/RM - last thing I need is load of parcels stuck in the system and angry customers - I remember not too long ago many peoples orders had been dropped off at McColls who went into administration and some peoples businesses really suffered as they couldnt get them out as it was under the admistrators

Interesting to see what happens but staying clear until its determined

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

I literally, minutes ago, received a Yodel delivery that I must admit I was starting to fret about (expensive packaging order). 

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

I had 8 go awol for over a week and then appeared yesterday but thankfully last 2 days I posted Evri so I only have a handful still in the system.  One customer has had her big £55 order sat waiting to be collected from the depot for last 10 days, so messaged her and said she needs to go and get it asap just incase shutters are pulled down, thankfully that got her collecting it tonight😃  Hopefully they will find a buyer as I never had any issues with Yodel (much better results than Evri) 

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Yodel is insolvent and going into Administration - would be good if EBay could have provided us with any comms , but not unusual unless EBay makes money from it

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

you do know you can link your evri account to ebay ?

will save you some time, only thing wrong with it is say a customer buys 2 or more items ( same order) evri break the order down, so you have to delete some and amend one. Also if a buyer buys 2 or more of the same item it only seems to pick up 1 so have to amend.

Also it wont pick up GSP orders, so you have to do them long handed as it was on evri, saying that a few weeks ago, I seem to have been a guinea pig for a trail and GSP ported across with no issues, but that disappeared sadly

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

peturning
Conversationalist

What a mess.

Here's hoping that parcels already in the system somehow get delivered...

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Maybe eBay could put their money where their mouth EDD is and buy Yodel.

Show us all how it's done and how easy it is to deliver items before they're even ordered.

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

i use parcel 2 go linked and find them very good at getting delivery info 

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Have you seen the amount Evri charge to send a small package England to Northern Ireland? Ebay sold me a Yodel label yesterday for a reasonable charge (£2.88), took to shop early this morning and am now wondering who wil get the blame if it is not delivered?

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

We need Royal Mail back in the hands of the people. It's a simple as that. one service for door to door delivery and all the rest can bugger off.

Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Still operating at this time, they have said they have cash to pay staff for 2 weeks

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Sadly yes, think most jumped on this band wagon and smashed a surcharge for NI & certain parts of jockanees land ( sorry mean darkest deepest scotland ).

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Even the Isle of Wight in Evri's case!
Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

@tbird.uk wrote:

Have you seen the amount Evri charge to send a small package England to Northern Ireland? Ebay sold me a Yodel label yesterday for a reasonable charge (£2.88), took to shop early this morning and am now wondering who wil get the blame if it is not delivered?

My thoughts exactly. Evri charged about £2.70-ish surcharge for Northern Ireland, a lot of the other couriers either charge more or are more expensive to begin with, and Royal Mail is the only other hope. But RM themselves are not ideal as the cheapest option, 2nd Class, has no end to end tracking; Tracked 48 is more expensive than Yodel was, as well as being more expensive than Evri to a UK mainland address; and one other thing, Royal Mail do not accept batteries/anything that involves a battery that is not sent with/included in the device!

Guess I will have no option but to block Northern Ireland as a destination I ship battery containing items to.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Isle of Wight as well!
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Looks like they have been bought last minute and back on Ebay as a shipping option

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

Something strange about all this. Yodel were owned by the Barclay brothers, they are mega rich and all they did was simply expand out of their delivery service for Argos and others that they own. I don't really see how they could sustain the company.  The is another story going on in the background too and I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't deal that suits their needs at the current time with cashflow problems.

Either way, my comment still stands. Things like civial postage, water, power, sewerage etc should be in the hands of the people and till they are we are all being ripped off from profit that most often goes out of the country. 1970s Public services contributed over 30% to the UK income, now it's less than 5% and shrinking. 

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

All my eggs failed to get to the buyers with in 48 service yodel promised, they arrived 5 days to 7 days? I had to resend new ones and pay for Royal Mail 48 hours tracked, the customer service was awful no compensation!

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

YODEL

All i seem to get from Yodel trackong lately is " loaded onto van" but after that i might be lucky to receive within next 3 days

I no longer rely on any "promises".

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: