When will eBay actually start honouring seller protection ?

EBay claims they protect sellers and offer removing defects from service metrics and give postage label refunds when buyers abuse eBay return system and top rated like me meant to get extra protection, 99% of my returns are buyers abusing eBay return system and everytime I show clear evidence that it's the buyer abusing return system, not once have I had a email or message on eBay to say I'm getting my postage label refund or anything removed from service metrics, I'm top rated so meant to get extra protection but so far had zero protection, unless eBay doesn't inform the seller they are refunding the postage money and removing defects, I highly doubt that, buyers seem to get away with everything and they get actually way more protection than there meant to get, I've only had one genuine return which was my fault and every other one is buyers abusing the system and 9 times out of 10 they don't show any evidence but I do and report them but not once heard anything back, once I even had buyer admit they chose the wrong return reason but I never heard nothing back and every time I report buyers for abusing eBay return system I never hear nothing back 

Message 1 of 36
See Most Recent
35 REPLIES 35

Amen Amen Amen 

Please enter 10 or more characters here.

Message 21 of 36
See Most Recent

My apologies you are not at all patronising 😂

Message 22 of 36
See Most Recent

What's patronising is the fact that you think you have found the solution. There is no solution to the determined dishonest buyer.  As for 'I did the work, I solved the problems,  I got the results. '

Same results as me I assume?

rate.jpg

Message 23 of 36
See Most Recent

INAD THERMOMETER 14 OCT.jpg This is the ebay measurement that you refer to for customer INAD, I dont know where you are measured on the scale, but it must be somewhere else rather than the green zone, or you would not  have reason be upset about it.  Yes, I was in the top of the red zone, was charged extra fees on all sales, account limited,  sold less, charged more, but all ok now.  Very ok now. Whats your chart look like ?

Message 24 of 36
See Most Recent

Look at that, I made it over the wall.

I'll just do my flies back up.😀

Message 25 of 36
See Most Recent

Yes you do have to accept returns however the buyer is meant to tell the truth in the return and eBay is meant to protect us against scams from buyers, problem here is eBay saying they protect sellers when they clearly don't 

Message 26 of 36
See Most Recent

By the way I've never been high nevermind very high, ik beloe my peers but the point is eBay saying they protect us and they don't 

Message 27 of 36
See Most Recent

I know your right,

but,   how does ebay know or even you know, if I am telling the truth ?

🤔

Message 28 of 36
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. I accept all requests to return. You do get some who have changed their mind or don't like it and pay themselves. It's just annoying when they put a false reason so they don't have to pay or damage it themselves 

Message 29 of 36
See Most Recent

The problem is ebay relies a lot on honesty and will usually believe the buyer.

A buyer can say not as described even if it is.

A buyer can say never received item even if they did.

Ebay will take buyers side.

Uk trading laws state if buyer isnt happy with the item they can send it back no matter the reason.

Message 30 of 36
See Most Recent

Buyers are always going to exploit the opportunity to return anything bought online, even if for no better reason than they changed their mind, did'nt like that shade of colour dish cloth, or found the original item behind the sofa, so don't need a new one.

The kicker is , what reason they select to return the item, ( 5 options are buyer remorse and 6 are seller pain ) as that 6 does have potential serious financial consequences above the burden of  just the return postage, your account can be downgraded, listings restricted, fees increased and all applied over weeks or months. 

Returns are a legal requirement but much more complexity on the eBay platform compared with your own website.

The eBay challenge is to adhere to all the complex rules and measurements ( the aweful 6 )  while finding a way to cover the inevitable return costs,  but most important make sure your sevice is so good,  that the only returns are the 5  buyer remorse.  It still has some cost / time  for you,  amusingly called a cost of business, perhaps like shop lifting or stock damages, but nothing compared to  a few INAD returns. 

Message 31 of 36
See Most Recent

Everything is based on evidence, buyer shows no evidence and I show evidence buyer is telling lies so eBay should believe things based on evidence , my return came back yesterday, in the return it said faulty but he wrote may not be compatible, they already admitted it's not faulty but not compatible, in eBay messages they admit they bought the wrong one and now they bought the correct one from different seller, so there's another admission, what made it worse they returned the item used and they fitted it and put there own double sided tape on the strip over the original tape, item is useless now, let me explain something, I sell in several catergories but all my returns are in one catergory, tv parts, you can do what you want but you can't avoid buyers abusing the system.

what the issue is, a tv can use more than one type of part so buyers needs to strip the tv completely to check but they don't want to do that just to check and it's a big job, so they will buy the part and then try it, if it's wrong one they will return it as faulty, or they want to loan parts from you just to figure out what's wrong with there tv, they don't even know and will presume and buy a part and hope, if it doesn't fix the issue then return it and buy the other part, another huge problem is when striping the tv to replace the led strips, you need to remove the screen and it can crack and if it cracks then they need to buy a new tv and return the led backlight they bought from me, sometimes they already fitted it and return it used, bcuz they need to buy a new tv and return the part then they will return it as faulty, I do help buyers to avoid cracked screens which has helped but in tv parts catergory there's no way to stop buyers abusing eBay return system 

Message 32 of 36
See Most Recent

The problem is eBay rules, nothing to do with accepting returns or anything else , eBay claims to protect sellers but they don't and that is the issue here, and top rated meant to get extra protection, people keep making comments about buyer protection and uk laws but the issue here is eBay claiming to protect sellers against scams but they don't 

Message 33 of 36
See Most Recent

21 oct 2023.jpgnew chart October 2023  INADS reduced from 0.56, so still improving.

Message 34 of 36
See Most Recent

@vwgolfman333 wrote:

The problem is eBay rules, nothing to do with accepting returns or anything else , eBay claims to protect sellers but they don't and that is the issue here, and top rated meant to get extra protection, people keep making comments about buyer protection and uk laws but the issue here is eBay claiming to protect sellers against scams but they don't 

Where does ebay openly say they will protect sellers against 'scams'?   

Message 35 of 36
See Most Recent

It clearly says they will protect against buyers abusing eBay return system and other scams 

Message 36 of 36
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: