The decline of eBay ?

System error Fault on eBay platform results in sellers parting with items but then having payment cancelled by eBay, leaving sellers without items or payment. eBay stalling on refunding sellers despite knowing they are at fault.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

The decline of eBay ?

Your post is rather worrying.

Can you post more details about this please ?.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

The decline of eBay ?

I think this must be referring to the ebay system error from April 7th onwards whereby sellers were given old , out of date, addresses for some buyers -- those using the app on an apple dvice apparently.  This means the buyers will not receive their items.

Ebay promised to protect sellers but their method of sorting it by cancelling the sales after the item has been sent is woeful and totally unfair on the sellers.

It was bad enough that the problem was happening for two weeks before ebay informed sellers that there was a problem.

And if as reported they are giving sellers a defect for every cancelled listing that just adds insult to injury.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

The decline of eBay ?

Unfortunately eBay have not provided me with little info, other than it is a system error on their side and neither the buyer or seller have acted inappropriately.  That said, I have had 2 weeks of endless promises of a refund and still nothing received.   I have now ended all my listings until the matter is resolved and I will be seeking credits for any listing fees I have been charged.   

I accept system errors can occaisionally happen, what is totally unacceptable to me is eBays lack of priority in sorting the refund.

I have bought and sold on eBay for the past 20 years but this has really dented my confidence in eBay as being a safe place to trade. I, like many others, will now explore alternative sites.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

The decline of eBay ?

Another member believes it related to out of date address on some buyers accounts when using the App. Unfortunately in my case the buyer paid through ebay and then collected owing to the weight of the item. My account was showing buyer has paid so I released the item. Ebay then cancelled the order sending a message to buyer saying it was as a result of a system error, no notification was sent to myself as the seller. As a result I am without the £155 payment and the item.  The buyer is not responding, I expect he thinks it`s some type of scam. eBay are totally responsible for this situation and need to get it sorted with some priority. Unfortunately my contact with eBay back office has convinced me it`s being run by half wits, that can`t apply common sense to a situation. Either that or it`s the money men trying to hold on to the cash for as long as possible. They can afford to lose a 1000 traders like myself, unfortunately it would appear that there is now a mass exodus away from eBay in both buyers and sellers. This is being reflected in a huge reduction in completed sales.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: